Bike Suggestions

AndreT

Retired Moderator
Sponsor
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking for a good second hand bike. Really only for work to and back and without embarresing myself.

Any suggestions at what I can look at.

I am looking at a Suzuki 1200 for R38,000 which looks (to my very untrained eye) like a good deal. Can anyone tell me what the fuel consumption would be like for a 1200CC?

Cheers

I would go for a 600 if i'm you... Honda CBR 600RR, very good bikes and ummm i'm not a Suzuki fan, had to many problems with them and parts, geeez need i say more... Honda's are excelent bikes, got a VFR400RR NC30 HRC model a.t.m, It keeps up with the newish 600's and drops the old 600's and even these "dinosaures" 3time its cc size... Ok the motor has been modded abit, lol but would love the 600 CBR...

Cheers
Jason

Oh yes another thing... The 600 puls like crazy and would be lighter on juice than a 1200...

I have a GSR600, and really a 600 is plenty for work and back (maybe even too much for the faint hearted)

Fuel consumption is really great, even at 200 Km/h :whistling:

Thanks guys,

But the price of these babies maybe above my budget. Unless you guys can point me to some good second hand deals ;)

Thanks guys,

But the price of these babies maybe above my budget. Unless you guys can point me to some good second hand deals ;)

Generally all the bike shops have 2nd hand available at pretty good deals

Yeah been to three today. Cheapest bike was the Suziki I mentioned in the first post. I know I sound like a cheapskate, but this is really a cost saving excercise more than me wanting to become a biker.

I'd guess that the consumption would be roughly equivalent to a small car.

I dig my Suzuki DL 650 VStrom very much. Great value for money. I'd guess you'd be able to pick up a 2004 ish model for a similar price.

394295.507_VSTROM650_K7_3-4.jpg

Suzuki DL650 V-Strom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are looking at a GSF 1200 Suzuki then you cant go wrong .That bike has a cult following.The engine is rock solid ,they are indistructable my good friend has over 70 000 KM on his 2000 model.Forget about the smaller bikes because you have to rev the tits off them befor you get any decent speed out of them.On a 1200 you have torque from the moment you let go of the clutch.

hi Gali. i am also considering buying a bike to help lower fuel expenses and agree with Jason. CBR is an awesome bike, if you cant afford it try and STEAL ONE:lol:

had a look at this Suzuki and man its not a bad buy. the fuel consumption is something like 35km/l and only costs R25000 brand new.

cbx250.jpg

Thanks Andreas. But which Suzuki? The one in the pic is a Honda.

hi dood
get a suzuki sm400 it is the best thing for traffic. the handle bars are higher then car mirrors, it is plenty fast to work and back costs nothing to service, if you drop it the thing wont break. light and will out handle anything around town and in traffic. suzuki has the best priced one it is bullit proof and street legal.
peter bee

Back
Top Bottom