Big Carpet Nennies

Reaction score
Hope the Title drew attention. Please, I need some advice. I have one huge Carpet Nennie and a smaller one. I need to know how to get them out of the existing tank into the new tank when time is right.

This is the problem, both of them buried themselves into the sandbed and are stuck onto the bottom Glass. I have tried to put a piece of rock next to them for the last couple of weeks as well as moving the rock to different sides of them, but nothing, they are seemingly happy where they are.

I even tried facing the powerhead to them for a couple of days to maybe give them too much flow where they would then move if not happy, but still nothing.

How can I do that??? Oh yes, I tried the manual way with the hands but I became soooo stuck
blushing.gif
, and still they sitting at the same spot...

dude had the same problem a year back i ended up usin a cake making thingie from the kitchen took i while but it worked will ask my wife what its called

sean its quite easy just dont get stung!! approach the base with your hand and in one quicg firm moovement push the base ,if you do it slowly they just stich down! you need to surprise him

sean its quite easy just dont get stung!! approach the base with your hand and in one quicg firm moovement push the base ,if you do it slowly they just stich down! you need to surprise him

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bru, how do you surprise a Nennie. Shit one of them just gave me a surprise when he ate a spiky Sea Urchin. That thing is like "Big Brother" . He knows everything happening in that tank and he has an accomplice too!!!!:lol: :lol:

Leave them until last if you can, clear out all rocks etc.

Leave them to settle for a couple of hours or even overnight.

Get the palm of your hand flat as you can against the bottom glass, then in one quick foul swoop, sweep your hand strongly, non stop, effectively sweeping the base of the anemone off the glass.

You have to do this quickly and in one go, if you pause or go too slow, he will suck on to the glass like glue then you'll have to wait another couple of hours for him to relax.

Do not touch the anemone before doing this or he will suck on.

hahaha, I see Calvin also learnt from good old Wilfred :)

oh yes dean
was not to popular with wilfred when my 60cm carpet wrapped aroung his arm for 45mins!! miss that old man!!!

I'll Try that Calvin and Dean, but if it does not work... Both of you have just won yourselves a weekend for two in Richards Bay, all meals and drinks included (No drinks for you Calvin- you must first pass Matric)

drink is probly the reason i wont pass!
diy 101 : home sthill

lol

Just don't be nervous about doing it Sean, the first time I did it I was scared I was going to hurt the nennie, so I did it slowly, that was a mistake, the damn thing sucked on like there was no tomorrow, the next time I tried it I did it a bit quicker, it came off like jelly on a spoon.

lol

Just don't be nervous about doing it Sean, the first time I did it I was scared I was going to hurt the nennie, so I did it slowly, that was a mistake, the damn thing sucked on like there was no tomorrow, the next time I tried it I did it a bit quicker, it came off like jelly on a spoon.

If only I married that one 15 years ago...

Thanks for the info Dean, still interested in the Starfish

lol
picture it as a ice cold quarts on blistering day!! he will be off in no time

ha ha ha i have to come see this beastie in your tank!! how the new fish treating your corals ,clams and nenny?

ha ha ha i have to come see this beastie in your tank!! how the new fish treating your corals ,clams and nenny?
I also wanna see it in my tank :D Tank is full of fish and no corals or clams :( Nenny is 100%

Cool, I'll arrange direct delivery
Cool, we'll chat.

p.s. take some pics of your anemone removal process, I'm highly disappointed we didn't get any pics of the urchin attack :lol:

I also wanna see it in my tank :D Tank is full of fish and no corals or clams :( Nenny is 100%

Cool, we'll chat.

p.s. take some pics of your anemone removal process, I'm highly disappointed we didn't get any pics of the urchin attack :lol:

If only I could take photos on Saturday when I put a Longnose Hawkfish in the tank only to get the @#%^$#$3 dolphin fish to sweep it up and enjoyed a nice R150.00 Sushi. At least I saw its tail

If only I could take photos on Saturday when I put a Longnose Hawkfish in the tank only to get the @#%^$#$3 dolphin fish to sweep it up and enjoyed a nice R150.00 Sushi. At least I saw its tail

UNBELIEVABLE!!! You just add a newcomer to the tank, and it becomes food! Sorry to hear Sean!

BTW: What the heck's a "Dolphin fish" (sorry for sounding stupid).... (Must be having a mind-fart at the mo)

the only dolphin fish i know of is a dorado

Back
Top Bottom