Bicolor Blenny - Feeding?

Reaction score
Just bought one of these guys, I see they are herbivores. I have veggie flakes, will he also need feeding with Nori? I feed a variety of different flakes, will this be suitable for him?

Reaction score
Mekaeel: is it necessary? or can I just feed him as I do the other fish?

moz

Reaction score
Mine takes flakes (Omega One marine Flakes, Nutrafin Max), pellets (Omega One Small Pellets), loves brine shrimp and grazes on the glass. But it won't eat Nori, go figure.

Reaction score
Those veggies flakes have shit loads of kelp etc. in it. But i would also try the nori as it is vegetarian only, so the fish is not going to compete with your clowns, wrasse and firefish for the flakes

Reaction score
Warr: cost of nori? And any place I can get a cheap veggie clip? Also nori won't affect the quality of the water hey?

Reaction score
Warr: cost of nori? And any place I can get a cheap veggie clip? Also nori won't affect the quality of the water hey?
Woolworths Susshi Nori does the job, veggie clip are about R35.00 - the usual LFS.

Nori won't effect the water quality.

Reaction score
Dude my Bi-colour will eat just about anything... from flakes to tablets to bloodworms to algae he finds on the glass and rocks...
They are very cool fish and get really tame... mine is a serious character and is very tame :)

Reaction score
HI

also got one and feeding brine shrimp to my fishes :) he is the first one to take over and chow like a machine :)

:thumbup::yeahdude::slayer:

Reaction score
Mine has started taking flakes and I see him picking algae off the rear wall :D

Reaction score
Mine has started taking flakes and I see him picking algae off the rear wall :D
good to hear:thumbup: havent read the whole thread but my sister's bi-colour blenny accepts blood worm, mysisd nori basicly what ever you give it

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Cool to hear that you Bi-color Blenny eats at least!

A very warm welcome to our new friends: Megalodon and traddle!

Please start new threads in our "New members" forums, telling us about yourselves, your tanks, life-stock/hard-ware, etc...

Reaction score
I have paid a deposit for one of these, just got to wait until next week to get him.. slowly does it! they are such awesome little characters.