Bicolor angel with a clam

Reaction score
Hi All

I know that these 2 are sometimes very difficult to keep together as the bicolor tends to nip at the clams as well as other corals.

So the basic question that I am asking here is has anyone had success in keeping these 2 together and if so what has the bicolor done to the clam?

Thanx.

Hi All

I know that these 2 are sometimes very difficult to keep together as the bicolor tends to nip at the clams as well as other corals.

So the basic question that I am asking here is has anyone had success in keeping these 2 together and if so what has the bicolor done to the clam?

Thanx.

I have had the same question and been doing tons of research on it. To tell you the truth the best answer I have found is, if you not willing to take the risk don't. It all depends on the fish and even if you have a good fish one day for no reason he can change and turn on your clams.....

My experience has been that all pygmy angel nip at clams.
Tried 4 different types to date and all have been a problem with my clams
:eek:

Hi Alias

You can take him to either Oceanson or Elite Aquatics. Oceanson will give you R 100 and Elite will give you R 299. Im also gonna get rid of mine and introduce a few clams. Its such a pity considering how beautiful the pygmy angels are!!!

Hi Alias

You can take him to either Oceanson or Elite Aquatics. Oceanson will give you R 100 and Elite will give you R 299. Im also gonna get rid of mine and introduce a few clams. Its such a pity considering how beautiful the pygmy angels are!!!

How long does it take to drive from PE to Cape Town? :p

Hmmmm I find it strange that you guys have this issue.

I have been keeping 3 pygmy angels of over 6 months in a tank together (I know people say it can't be done) 2 have become a mated pair(the eblii and cream angel no chance I will get hybrids :p).

I have a clam in the system and they have not even looked at it. the litterally swim over it and they are not very phased at all. I found that nutrition is key. My angels have a wide selection of food.

Natural algae in the rocks and back glass, nori in the morning and 6 times a day of very small feedings of Ocean nutritions formula I and II. It keeps the fat and overweight and VERY happy.

My Squasmosa is happy so - everyone is happy !:1:

That sounds amazing.

My bicolor isnt really full of crap but he does nip at my star polyps maybe once a month. When i added my royal gramma he pested him for a bit but now they are the best of buds.

Its a risk! But fish are like people one person might not like you and another person might, one fish might nip the other may not.

I think i will experiment and see if my one will be compatible with a crocrea. If so ill be overjoyed!!!

Back
Top Bottom