Bi color angel

Reaction score
So I introduce my P/Tang and Bi color angel in to QT 5 with the Y/tang, regal and Tenneti tang to see if they come along and to be dripped in only in one bucket this weekend to the DT.

Since yesterday the P/tang is covered in Don't really know its not spots it's more like 1mm white strains all over his body so I start the meds on the tank.

This morning I see my Bi color angel cleaning him:eek: can that be?

I think your PB tangnhas white spot. They are rather prone to it. If the fish are in QT you can start with medicating the tank. Do you have anything available to treat the fish with?

With your bicolour cleaning the fish, strange things do happen in nature and I have seen yellow tangs clean turtles and other fish in reef DVD's. If it's going to help the fish and the BP is allowing it you may have your medication already. My fire shrimp clean fish like a cleaner shrimp would.

Tony it's a Purple tang, got it from Trev last year December, since then didn't had any decease, only happened now. Yes they all are on Seachem Paraguard

That is 4 tangs and an angel in one tank.
How big is the QT tank? And how big is the fish. What hiding material are you using?
Do not use live rock with your medication. Rather have pieces of PVS pipe and fittings in where the fish can hide. Even an old ice cream tub, cut with openings so that the fish can hide from you and each other.

Not big 90Lt, the sand and rocks no problem in there, only use paraguard, they should have been moved by now, also thinking he is stressing, he is getting along nicely with the others, the purple is about hand palm size and the other half of it, will treat till sunday and monday will do a FW dip and then move to the DT, nothing much in there.

Dont meen to hijack your thread....but FW dip as in Fresh Water dip???
If this is the case, why???

you won't believe me how many parasites I destroyed with FW dips.
The sudden drop in SG let the parasites pop, there will still be left when removed but the meds will do the rest, and don't please don't use RO water, you will kill the fish, lol

The yellow,regal and tenneti I received from Trev started to get ich and was scrapping a lot so I QT them, did 3x FW dips on them in a week and 2 a week after and they are so healthy, the yellow tang swim in the fresh water if its nothing, and they where in there for 30min

Now on the other hand my purple (aka Bobby) cost me 2K to get here and have him since December, did it with him and in 5 min he fall over and emediatly moved him back in to QT tank and he just float to the bottom, gills flat no movement, then took him by the tail and pull him back wards to get water into his gills and he is a happy chappy, still alive, but still covered with ich but will not do a FW dip on him again, just feed with food soaked in crushed garlic and temp at 28C and Sg at 1.020 and meds.

It is dangerous to do it, but it help as well

Tap water, treated, or if you have a FW aquarium that the pH is running at 8 or 8.2 it works as well even better, lol, our tap water pH here is about 8

The fish is only in for a few minutes, don't think there will be gill damage. My 2 saddle back clowns is about 1year and 6 months +/- with me and they also received a FW dip

I would think RO is the best option, given that it matches the tank's PH and temp. But then again I always FW dip any new zoa colonies i get in tapwater :p

What do you want to treat for with para guard

Rather use formalin dip for white spot it works better than a fresh water

The big stuff on your purple tang can also be body flukes (look it up on the net )

Cleaner shrimps and wrasses do not remove white spot

No it's not it's Worms treating with sera tremazol now, first setup new tanks and just collected 200ltrs NSW, waiting for QT's to heat up.

I use paraguard for all the new fish I receive for fin rot or any other infections, after that I use meds that is needed.

No it's not it's Worms treating with sera tremazol now, first setup new tanks and just collected 200ltrs NSW, waiting for QT's to heat up.

I use paraguard for all the new fish I receive for fin rot or any other infections, after that I use meds that is needed.

Flukes are worms ;)

Back
Top Bottom