best way to fasten inverts to rocks

I used super glue gel. Has to be the gel though as it forms a skin as it touches the water. Alternatively you can get a rubber band and wrap it around the coral/rock and within a week or two it will have attached

You cannot fasten a anemone to a rock lol... :whistling: If they are moving though, they are unhappy in your tank. Could be water parameters, lighting or food causing it. And Matt you want to glue a nennie? lol...

Yeah, leave the nennies. They will move around and settle or stay in one lacation when they're happy. They got their own "glue" on their foot and can even sit on glass. Don't force them to stay (tie them down or something).

Found that nennies, will sort them selfs out most of the time. You can assist them by initially placing them in strong light, indirect meduim flow and maybe some shelter (LR around their foot). Mine likes substrate (Malu i think), strong light and low flow.

Ok the anemones are not the real problem, although having a anemone foot on the front of the tank glass is not the most picturesque. Zoanthids? They don’t move around, how do i fasten them to a rock because the currents keep dumping them at the bottom upside down.

Ok the anemones are not the real problem, although having a anemone foot on the front of the tank glass is not the most picturesque. Zoanthids? They don’t move around, how do i fasten them to a rock because the currents keep dumping them at the bottom upside down.

Usually if you get Zoa's they are attached to a small piece of rock anyway. Use pratley putty. It is reefsafe. Mix it out side, take both rocks out (one you want to attach to and the one with the Zoa's on. Pet the putty on both rocks and attach. Leave outside for a short while and put back in a low flow area to give time to harden. Yes, it hardens under water.

If there is space to tie it to a rock without damaging/constricting it I would recommend tying it with a elastic band as mentioned before or using a piece of fishing line. Then after it has attached just remove the string/elastic and you got a all natural bond!!!:thumbup:

Use a toothpick and stick it through the middel ant into the liverock,ive done it lots of times and no it doesnt die

Dont think I like the tooth pic idea, kind of like saying, "ill stab Joe in the leg to take a blood sample, its ok he wont die ive stabbed many people before". thanks for your thoughts though, no offence intended.

You cannot fasten a anemone to a rock lol... :whistling: If they are moving though, they are unhappy in your tank. Could be water parameters, lighting or food causing it. And Matt you want to glue a nennie? lol...

LOL no I was referring to corals ;)

Loctite is the best, the others just don't set quick enough in the water.

Is this stuff available at LFS? It seems to work the best if your polyps are attached to a rock. It is a two part epoxy that is like a putty. Hardens quick and is strong. After about a month you cant even tell you've used it. It does'nt work on glass though.
MC-DELEP.gif

Use a toothpick and stick it through the middel ant into the liverock,ive done it lots of times and no it doesnt die

Yup, even though it sounds cruel, it's one of the best ways to do it. Alternative is to stick them to the rock using super glue gel.

If you really want to do it naturally then place them on a rock in a slow/flow area of the tank, and after a week or two they would have attached naturally.

Me - I would just use the toothpick...

Hennie

Is this stuff available at LFS? It seems to work the best if your polyps are attached to a rock. It is a two part epoxy that is like a putty. Hardens quick and is strong. After about a month you cant even tell you've used it. It does'nt work on glass though.
MC-DELEP.gif
I use Milliput, the type I have is the normal whitish colour but it comes in purple also, it will set underwater and attach to glass.

MC-DELEP.gif

yeah i got some of that from my LFS a few months back,works great sets same colour as my coraline.its the only thing i use in my tank to secure even big corals at weird angles,sets like cement.AT R180 a pop i go easy with its usage lol........

but it wont attach loose polyps...think i'm gonna try using that gel super glue...locktite hey...

Back
Top Bottom