Best way of cleaning inside of tank glass?

Reaction score
So I have come to the conclusion that I don't trust the good old magnet cleaner for cleaning the inside of my glass because it doesn't matter how careful you are , it always scratches the glass due to sand getting caught , so I moved to a soft sponge but that also have failed coz my fine sand gets in...
I tried modifications , wour like to know what you guys use?

RiaanP

Reaction score
I use a sliding knife blade
As for these.

Rinse after use the blade in tap water, dry it and store in rice. Then you can use it a couple of times before its useless.
Wipe the blade clean before use. They have a protective oil like coating coming out of the packet.

And beware, those blades are SHARP.

Reaction score
I use those cheap glass cleaners you find in the paint section of Builders, super sharp and has a nice handle- only problem is they rust so you pretty much only get one / two uses , but they remove harder algae my tunze does not. Will try Riaan's suggestion to extend life.

Reaction score
I use batting from the material shop as i have 2 fine scratches and it gets in there very easy

Baz

Reaction score
I use a magnet for the most part then I use the ista scraper towards the bottom. Looks like a normal glass scraper and uses stanley blades but it is made for tanks. Get extensions for deep tanks also. But like @RiaanP said you need to rinse after you use it or else it is useless next time round. I use RO water for rinsing. I also dont leave the magnet in the tank as this gathers unwanteds that will scratch glass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is what I use! Absurd Price..... Been using it for a couple of years now and have no regrets every paying that Price! Great Tool!

IMG_3466.JPG