Best Lights to Use ?

Reaction score
I'm quite hopeless on deciding on what type of light to get, I am thinking of a t5 unit or an LED unit, Which do you think would be better for growing corals, but also taking into consideration the price as I am on quite a limited budget.
Got any advice

hey bud what is the size of the tank you have? and what is your intention for the system?

sps, lps, softies mixed reef etc?

LED is really only good if you start looking at the stronger units, but T5 is still a very viable option for the smaller tanks and in most cases i feel are a better light, they just become unaffordable on larger systems as bulb replacement costs kill the diligent T5 user as they need to be changed often.

LED is a better longterm lighting prospect but i see people trying to overstrech their lights for their tank sizes...

I haven't bought a tank yet but I have seen two different options, the one is 1000 by 600 by 600 and the other one is 600 by 600 by 450.

either a 4 or 6 x 24w T5 unit or a Zetlight ZT6500 will work ZT6600 would be better but the latter 2 push the boundries of most budgets

Back
Top Bottom