Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved

Discussion in 'Diving, Collecting and Environmental Discussions' started by chikaboo, 10 Aug 2010.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

How Brilliant Computer Scientists Solved the Bermuda Triangle Mystery

Oceanographic surveyors of the sea floor in the area of the Bermuda Triangle and the North Sea region between continental Europe and Great Britain have discovered significant quantities of methane hydrates and older eruption sites.
    [​IMG]
    The Bermuda Triangle. Courtesy: steelkaleidoscopes.typepad.com
    (CHICAGO) - According to two research scientists the mystery of vanished ships and airplanes in the region dubbed "The Bermuda Triangle" has been solved.
    Step aside outer space aliens, time anomalies, submerged giant Atlantean pyramids and bizarre meteorological phenomena ... the "Triangle" simply suffers from an acute case of gas.
    Natural gas—the kind that heats ovens and boils water—specifically methane, is the culprit behind the mysterious disappearances and loss of water and air craft.
    The evidence for this astounding new insight into a mystery that's bedeviled the world is laid out in a research paper published in the American Journal of Physics.
    Professor Joseph Monaghan researched the hypothesis with honor student David May at the Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
    The two hypothesized that large methane bubbles rising from the ocean floor might account for many, if not all, of the mysterious disappearances of ships and aircraft at specific locales around the world.
    Researcher Ivan T. Sanderson identified these mystery areas during the 1960s. Sanderson described the actual shape of these regions as more like a lozenge rather than a triangle. Some of the more famous spots include an area in the Sea of Japan, the North Sea, and of course the infamous "Bermuda (or Devil's) Triangle."
    Oceanographic surveyors of the sea floor in the area of the Bermuda Triangle and the North Sea region between continental Europe and Great Britain have discovered significant quantities of methane hydrates and older eruption sites.

Because of the correlations and existing data, the two envisioned what would happen when gigantic methane bubbles explode from natural fissures on the seafloor.
    The methane—normally frozen at great pressure as gas hydrates embedded within subterranean rock—can become dislodged and transform into gaseous bubbles expanding geometrically as they explode upwards. When these bubbles reach the surface of the water they soar into the air, still expanding upwards and outwards.
    Any ships caught within the methane mega-bubble immediately lose all buoyancy and sink to the bottom of the ocean. If the bubbles are big enough and possess a high enough density they can also knock aircraft out of the sky with little or no warning. Aircraft falling victim to these methane bubbles will lose their engines-perhaps igniting the methane surrounding them-and immediately lose their lift as well, ending their flights by diving into the ocean and swiftly plummeting

Last edited: 10 Aug 2010
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Annoying

Annoying

Well thats an unexpected awnser:whistling:, was hoping it was a giant squid:lol:. Thanks for the read chica

4. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

I don't know, I chew hard on that. A gigantic bubble rising into the air knocking aircraft down? Common, it would've been all over the news and discovery channel, etc.
    And did it suddenly stop? Where are the pics of such a bubble?
    Maybe I need more evidence :p

Think of it, the earth farting....lol

5. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

Thanks for sharing buddy, a friend of mine here in stellenbosch was working on the triangle!!

6. FransSny

FransSny

Interesting read bud , just one concern..."brilliant computer scientists" & Bermuda Triangle doesnt really gel for me

7. Loki

Loki cable tie ninja

Thanx 4 da read chics. now u got a match?

8. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

I wonder if the pilots and captains are not passing out from the pong then losing control and disappearing ...... BTW Loki the coral is doing well ... I owe you still ... thanx once again

9. scubaninja

scubaninja

When last did you hear of a plane or something getting lost in the bermuda triangle?

When the large gas pocket is at the bottom of the sea, its is under a high pressure so with the relative densities of the water and the gas being so different, the gas will stick together and form one big bubble. As it rises it will expand due to a lower pressure, when gas expands its volume increases some what exponentially. When it hits the surface finally it may be hundreds of sizes bigger. It doesnt break there, it continues increasing in size as it rises due to it being less dense than air. Now imagine how big that bubble is when it hits that plane?

As a matter of fact, if it starts off big enough, when it hits the water surface under a big ship the ship is suddenly floating on air and drops (how deep?) into the hole that was a gas and the water then closes over them.

Chew on that:razz:

10. vatso

vatso

that happens when diving & I fart - Planes - boats & all sorts disappear LOL

remember a gas under huge pressure becomes a ........ it's the same as the sea a L......

11. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

No No at 25m it is a eee....ee...........k. at 1m its a boom bubble tsunami.......

That is why fish get EIK

12. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

It could be that everyone is avoiding the triangle or the bubbles stopped, hence no more incidents. Like I said, did it stop making bubbles?
    If not, where's the pics or videos of one?

13. Slummies

Slummies

whats the chances of a massive bubble hitting a plane?

14. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

possible but seeing it makes it easier to believe.. interesting...

15. seank

seank

They discovered this gas story in the early Eighties already. This is no new news. Maybe someone is just trying to get publicity now. We saw a documentery on the gasses of Bermuda in (I think) 1986

16. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

"Oops, sorry I just farted" - Earth

Just a question, if you hold out a lighter, will you be able to light the gas up like in a normal fart? Nice party trick...

Recent Posts