Beginner from cape town

Reaction score
:thumbup: hi all,
just bought a new boyu tank 128 litre.
i am very new at this.
any tips on my new tank.
did i make a good choice
cheers Shane

Welcome to MASA Shane! How you enjoy our company!

Just a few questions regarding your new tank:
- does it have "built-in" filtration?
- if so, what? is it the 3 compartment in the back filtration? With the sponges, etc?
- Does it have built-in lighting? If so, what type of lighting? PC lighting? (compact fluorescents)

This tank will work quite well as a nano reef. Meaning that you can indeed make quite a nice reef aquarium out of it, IF you stick to some rules.

Have a look at the tanks and pictures in our Nano and Nano competition threads...

Then we can discuss this further. Please ask as many questions as you can and want.

BTW: what else do you have? Only the empty tank at the moment? Or do you have sand/substrate and live rock in already as well?

Welcome Shane

You need LIVE ROCK (LR) essential for that sort of size tank.

Hope you learn lots and have fun doing it.

Welcome here. You welcome to come around and have a look for some pointers and advice.

good start i just hope all goes well and anouther CT member wow

Howzit Shane, welcome to MASA - pics and more pics is what we wanna see, still post a pic even if your tank is empty - the gurus will help you with what you need if they can see what you got.:wave2:

Welcome to MASa Shane, take it one step at a time, there is loads of good free advice to be had here:thumbup:

Welcome Shane, good to have you here :D

Welcome Shanie, apologies for the proles calling you Shane:p

Let us know what it has in terms of equipment and Photos will help us too:thumbup:

welcome to MASA!please post pics.we love em ;)

Hey Shanie and welcome, plenty good reading here esp in the Masapedia section, take a look through and ask any questions you need to. Plenty good people here only willing to help out.

Welcome Shanie, notice, how about half the site staff are illiterate, so be careful to explain things slowly:whistling:, very slowly.:razz:

Welcome Shanie! Great tank that. I've been running a nano for 2 months now, i'm loving it!

Best advice i've been given is, in this hobby, only BAD things happen fast! So take your time and enjoy it! ;)

So any pictures yet:)

Back
Top Bottom