beaten up navarchus

Reaction score
my one angel turned on my navarchus (8cm) and gave him a bad beating. now he is not interested in any food! we you guys recommend that i put him in my refugium?? ,which consists of mud, chaeto, caulerpa.

Move the aggressor to the refugium to calm down for a few days

I agree with Tony. That way the Navarchus will gain new territory and after the other angel is moved in, he will be a little confused and should be more calm.

the aggressor is not the issue, ican just move him somewhere else. the navarchus is looking like a school of domino damsels got hold of it and refuses to eat! thats the problem...

and besides if i were to put the other angel in my fuge, i would not have a fuge for long!!hehehe;)

the aggressor is not the issue, ican just move him somewhere else. the navarchus is looking like a school of domino damsels got hold of it and refuses to eat! thats the problem...

and besides if i were to put the other angel in my fuge, i would not have a fuge for long!!hehehe;)

eish its bad,i had my juv blue face beat up my juv navarchus and i then put him in my sump with plenty pods/caulerpa etc.he still died a week later because it simply did not eat.

hope this works out well for you and your fish recovers.

i've done alot of research on them and apparently if they are kept in a tank without any rocks they can get lateral line disease.i suggest you put him in the sump with some decent rock hiding places as other fish wont bother him there while he recovers.

what angel took a hating to him?

Aggressor in sump, in this case, best chance for victim. Remember we only dealing in chance and not absolutes
Posted via Mobile Device

this is not what im looking 4! read upwards;)

Atilla - what everyone's trying to say, is that the fish that was "beaten up" SHOULD start eating once the aggressor has been removed from the tank......

IF you leave the aggressor in the tank, and remove the "beaten up" one, you will have a repeat of what happened now, once you place the other one back into your main display tank.

The "beaten up guy" will start eating, in a few days, once there's no more aggressor to chase it around.......

Is this "beaten up" one, skinny? or nice and plump?

well he is rather skinny, i understand about the aggressor and everything. i just want to know with regards to placing him in the mud

Your "maculosus angel" will do 100% in the sump, in the mud. Don't worry about it.

The other one, too..... it's just a case of "removing the aggressor from the display tank - to disorientate the fish", that the one being beaten up, get's a chance to become stronger, and sets up it's own territory.....

You CAN of course place the "beaten up one" in the sump, if you want.... as and try and feed it there....... Until it is nice and strong to stand it's "man" against the aggressor in the main display tank.....

It's up to you :)

thanx , i already have the navarchus in the propogation tank. i just wondered if i can put him with the mud or might the very fine mud get in his gills or something...

ATILLA wheres the pics of your set-up?????i know that you (like me:)) love angels especially the big ones,i'm really keen to see hows your angels doing....and your tank set-up.

i'm assuming its a fish only maybe with a few softies?

PICS PICS PICS lol or else i vote that we ban atilla!!!!:p

and even some pics of the refugium so that we can make a more informed comment on keeping it there,as if the refuge is too small or crowded or shallow etc....if its deep enough i doubt the angel will unsettle alot of mud....pics will definitely help boet.

ATILLA wheres the pics of your set-up?????i know that you (like me:)) love angels especially the big ones,i'm really keen to see hows your angels doing....and your tank set-up.

i'm assuming its a fish only maybe with a few softies?

PICS PICS PICS lol or else i vote that we ban atilla!!!!:p

and even some pics of the refugium so that we can make a more informed comment on keeping it there,as if the refuge is too small or crowded or shallow etc....if its deep enough i doubt the angel will unsettle alot of mud....pics will definitely help boet.

haha, ismail you sound like a real character!!
no not a fish only or softy setup - have a few sps

the fuge is 180 x 70 x 45. the system is about 2200L, very very simple. consisting of 1100L DT, 470L propagation tank (flat bed) and huge fuge and sump in one!!!:razz:

just have the 2 angels and behaving rather nicely (towards my corals anyway!!haha)

getting one more on friday...emperor!!:slayer:

Back
Top Bottom