Beat this frag farm

Reaction score
This is one hell of a frag farmer

3.JPG

1l.jpg

Source: Reef Central Online Community - Coral Maternity in Portugal

WOW!!!! We don't have a big enough drool smilie.

Man, that's phenomenal.

Ivan - eat your heart out :tt2:

Ivan - eat your heart out
Naah. The market in SA not big enuff to absorb so much stock, thats why i sent all my frags to him, they have lost some colour since he got them.......

Naah. The market in SA not big enuff to absorb so much stock, thats why i sent all my frags to him, they have lost some colour since he got them.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cannot even get a red monti to grow like that in 05 months. those bases are spreading over the frag rock pieces like wildfire... If only I know how they get it right

Yeah imraan, but his Euros speak louder!

Sean, base encrustation is really simple.
-Reduced flow,
-stable ca, alk
-and good lighting....
It also helps to have
-Reduced base size
-Suspended plugs above platform
-Various species in frag tank at same time to increase competition for real estate.
Basically, whoever attaches to the most stable base (i.e. not the plug but eggcrate below it) first has the upper hand for future warfare.
Something about the wise man building his house on the rock comes to mind.

-Reduced flow,
But we keep getting it rammed down our throats that SPS needs 30000x flow in the tank :p, why does reduced flow assist in base encrustation?

30000xflow, where did i say that? Not nearly enough! I would never post such an underrated figure.

Reduced flow to stop frag plugs from moving around, as movement of the plugs has a negative impact on growth in my experience.

Yeah imraan, but his Euros speak louder!

-Reduced flow,
-stable ca, alk
-and good lighting....
It also helps to have
-Reduced base size
-Suspended plugs above platform
-Various species in frag tank at same time to increase competition for real estate.
Basically, whoever attaches to the most stable base (i.e. not the plug but eggcrate below it) first has the upper hand for future warfare.
Something about the wise man building his house on the rock comes to mind.

Thank you, so I am on the right track by trying to overstock the tank and only then will I see abundant and fast growth???

Just kidding, but thank you for the answer:thumbup:

Seen this before, sure I read somewhere he claims not to sell them!!!!

Back
Top Bottom