Bearded Dragons

Reaction score
i have a 35 cm dragon... if i put these guys in his cage will hell break loose?
will it upset my current dragon?

Reaction score
Beautiful creatures, one of the easiest reptiles to keep and get very tame.

Reaction score
i want to get a dragon, what do one need?

a terrarium and ?
Yeah you would need an enclosure. Remember they grow fast so don't start out to small. Then you need a UV light for reptiles. This should be as long as your tank. They use the UV to bask and digest. You will also need a spot light on one end of the enclosure to heat them. (If anybody tells you to get a red spot light and leave it on all the time, them don't know what they are talking about. Don't do this)

And yeah, lots of crickets and vegetables and a water bowl.

Really very easy to look after and care for.

Reaction score
haw much will the lighting cost me, sounds like 3 different types of light?
Nope two lights.

A T8 UV tube about the length of your tank so say a 3foot about R180.00
This must be for reptiles.
One of those cheep aquarium florescent units, I think they are like R50.00 or so.
I used the ones where the balist is away from the tank and then the wires run to caps on the end of the tube. Mounted to the top of the tank with clips.
(this is what you would use on a tropical fish tank, just with the reptile tube)

Then you need a white spot light. 75watt should be fine. R15.00 at builders and a light holder, R5.00.

That is it for light and this also provides the heat.

Reaction score
Yeah you would need an enclosure. Remember they grow fast so don't start out to small. Then you need a UV light for reptiles. This should be as long as your tank. They use the UV to bask and digest. You will also need a spot light on one end of the enclosure to heat them. (If anybody tells you to get a red spot light and leave it on all the time, them don't know what they are talking about. Don't do this)

And yeah, lots of crickets and vegetables and a water bowl.

Really very easy to look after and care for.
why no red light?
when we got our dragon, the tank came prefitted with 3 lights. the ones you mentioned and a red globe.
we we're told to keep the red light on during the night only?

Reaction score
why no red light?
when we got our dragon, the tank came prefitted with 3 lights. the ones you mentioned and a red globe.
we we're told to keep the red light on during the night only?
From what I have read and leaned by watching my dragons, the red light can make them aggressive and they do not get a good nights rest with the red light on.

Reaction score
a heating rock is gonna eff up ur dragons bud best get rid o it rather use a heaing pad

Reaction score
a heating rock is gonna eff up ur dragons bud best get rid o it rather use a heaing pad
Thanks for your input but have been keeping dragons for well over 3 years now, and have a breading pair and have things sorted out. Heating pads do not work well with tanks made from MDF and the rock is exactly what they like.