Baz Design 1.5m Reef

I have just visited the last page and I must say, very impressive!

Reactions: Baz
Only saw this now but damn does it work. Tank looks tops boet :thumbup1:
Thanks! Yes it works quite well. Just need to clean the inside wall of the reactor every second harvest otherwise algae blocks the light but its quick and easy to do with a bottle brush.

Wow awesome tank and some great tips from this thread. I just made a number of notes for simular but much smaller scale projects to try

Reactions: Baz
The lights are strip leds from home n toys. Blue, white and red. When I trim back about halve of the cheato it takes around 10 days to fill up again.
What flow rate are you running through the reactor?

What flow rate are you running through the reactor?
Its plumbed into my manifold that runs off of a dc3000, but its split to the tank and the reactor so not sure of the actual flow rate. My guess would be at around 1600lph through the reactor.

Got a Favia and Turbinaria frag this weekend. Gonna try and grow them both on the glass. Still looking for a few nice Plates and a Clam. All in good time.

The rest of the corals are doing well

Hi Baz How is the white cheeck/goldrim tang? Are they easy as I always wanted one.

Hi Baz How is the white cheeck/goldrim tang? Are they easy as I always wanted one.
Howzit bud,
He's been a great addition to the tank and get along well with the other tangs. I haven't seen any aggression from him really, but I think its due to him being a lot bigger than the other tangs. He had white spot a while back when we hit a terrible streak of power outages, but I have managed to nurse him back to good health and spot free. Luckily he eats like a pig so he never looked like it will get him down. I cant really say anything negative about the gold rim other than the white spot. For me he's no different to the other tangs I have kept so not difficult at all IMO.

Sent you a pm where I bough him

I built a frag tank for future use a while back. It's not finished yet, I still need to finish the overflow and return on it. Will finish it when I can start fragging one day. Dimensions 300mm x 300mm x 150mm. This will be plumbed into the big tank's sump.

The frag rack

The overflow box is finished, just need fittings to mount to the tank

Where did you get this made?

Back
Top Bottom