Baz Design 1.5m Reef

Bud when you all done and board on your Saturday morning come sort my sump out. I'm not scared to buy beer!!

Very impressive build!
Lol thank you bud. I just threw a couple things together and out popped a sump. :cool:

Update

Built the rocks and installed the ATU chamber float switch. This float is just to stop the RO when I forget to manually close off the tap for filling the chamber. Routed the RO pipe to the tank also, just need to install it in some trunking to neaten up a bit. Already glued the rocks in place so all that is left now is to mount the atu float switches and mix water for the start. Almost there...

Been busy with the Reef angel to get it programmed, hopefully I can get that sorted within the next couple of days.

Update

Built the rocks and installed the ATU chamber float switch. This float is just to stop the RO when I forget to manually close off the tap for filling the chamber. Routed the RO pipe to the tank also, just need to install it in some trunking to neaten up a bit. Already glued the rocks in place so all that is left now is to mount the atu float switches and mix water for the start. Almost there...

Been busy with the Reef angel to get it programmed, hopefully I can get that sorted within the next couple of days.

Looking very smart :cool:

Any chance you're going to start selling those filter sock holders?

Looking very smart :cool:

Any chance you're going to start selling those filter sock holders?
Thanks bud.

I haven't even thought of building and selling anything to be honest. If I had a laser bed I probably would, but its a hassle getting things cut. I can help you with a design if that would help?

Thanks bud.

I haven't even thought of building and selling anything to be honest. If I had a laser bed I probably would, but its a hassle getting things cut. I can help you with a design if that would help?
Thank you, and yes please I would appreciate the help :thumbup:

Update...
Need to add the two reactors (one filled with de-nitrate and one running bio pellets) and install the RO tubing in trunking. Bit unsightly now but I will get to it. The tank and sump needs a wipe down after the salt mixing and bacteria dosing. So far the tank is running super quiet and without headaches. Even the wave maker's noise has died down considerably since the start. Already added some seeded rocks from a friends tank and dosing Tunze care bacter. Still want to dose stability as well so will get to that next week.

Happy days. Let the algae bloom begin... :whistling:

Forgot to add this... Built the ATU float switch bracket using some leftover acrylic and a previous build's ATU bracket that I had sitting around. Never used it so worked out great. Finally a piece of equipment that didn't need cash thrown at it! :011:

Update...

Finally got round to finish the RO feed line to the atu chamber. Everything neat and tidy now at last. The cycle is going well. Diatoms has come and gone. Almost done with the Tunze care bacter and also busy with a bottle stability. Need to buy some matrix and NP pellets then I am adding the two reactors to the system. The first is a Zeovit reactor that will be filled with Matrix coupled to low flow, and the second the BR110 Np pellet reactor.

Diatoms

This is what the tank looks like now. Bit cloudy from the care bacter. Cant really see the color of the rocks, but they are turning brown now. Will cycle the tank for another week or so then look at the first livestock additions.

Back
Top Bottom