Battle of the dwarf angles...

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have been looking on the web for some cool dwarf angels for my 60 gallon tank, and so far the coral beauty angelfish is my favorite. So I wanted to ask you guys what your favorite dwarf angels are...
Kind regards,
Jordan.

Goldens and multicolours are stunners, but pricey. Multicolour are hard to get to feed as they like dark overhangs in their natural environment. Lemonpeel's are wonderful, but can nip at clam mantles. Potters are really pretty. Centropyge argi (cherub angel) are very pretty, but can get aggressive in smaller tanks.
Personally, for your size tank go with flame, potters, lemonpeel and cherub. NOT TOGETHER. If you can, try get your hands on a multicolour or golden. More pricey and finicky, but certainly worth the effort.

Potters are also quite pricy.
Imo the lemon peel looks the best but people say that they are the least reef safe.
How much are you willing to spend on it?

Do not forget that you should take into consideration what other fish you want/have. This is when an honest fish list/plan is vital.

No point in getting a Lemon Peel if you have a midas blenny, a yellow tang and a yellow watchman in one tank. Too much yellow.

I have had a lemon peel before, never gave me a day of hassle. It all depends on the fish. I have a gorgeous heladi at the moment and it tries to nip my clam mantles. There is no true and reliable piece of info for every fish species, EACH FISH IS DIFFERENT. I have a scribbled that doesn't touch any sponges, and queen angel that loves carpets and hates aiptasia, you try explain that "fact."

Do not forget that you should take into consideration what other fish you want/have. This is when an honest fish list/plan is vital.

No point in getting a Lemon Peel if you have a midas blenny, a yellow tang and a yellow watchman in one tank. Too much yellow.

Very true, again each fish is so different. Have a powder blue that is hated by my scribbled.
In the end, you might find yourself adding and taking out fish (much to your stress and the animals), just don't overcrowd your tank.

Rusty Angel. Smaller than a Coral beauty.

My favorite is the coral beauty angelfish. They are truly beautiful!
I don't want to overstock this tank, I want to start my first tank right.

Back
Top Bottom