Batfish

Reaction score
Hi guys :thumbup:

Need some more info on the red-faced batfish :smartass: . Like are they easy to keep? is there any one that have kept them with succes? and what do the eat. I also need some info on the Copperband same story please.:cheers2:

O' and well done to the Bulls!!! :3:NEXT time :16:

He He Grote. Waar was jy die hele tyd??? Het jy verdwaal???? .lol

Batfish: Follow the link:

platax_teira.jpg
Tiera Batfish (Platax teira)
Family: Ephippidae (Spadefishes, Batfishes)
Natural Range: Red Sea, Indian Ocean, Indo-Pacific Region
Depth: 10 to 66 ft. Size: 20 in. Jumps: No Care Level: Moderate
Space: 130+ gal. Reef Safe: No Temperament: Peaceful.
Diet: Algae, benthic crustaceans
Natural History: The Tiera Batfish is found in sheltered bays and deep offshore. Juveniles are more commonly found on inner protected reef zones around floating debris. Adults are more frequently observed in lagoons and seaward reefs. Juveniles may form large schools.
Husbandry: The Tiera Batfish is a peaceful fish that should be housed with peaceful tankmates. Its fins are vulnerable to damage by aggressive fish. It will likely nip at coral polyps, tube anemones, sea anemones, and hydroids in a reef system.

AKA: Round-faced Batfish, Longfin Batfish

http://www.aquacon.com/batfish_saltwaterfish.html

SeaScape Studio Search

Copperbands are on the challenging side to keep because they are fussy eaters. They will eat your aiptasia. It its best to get them small and they will likely take mysis

Nee wat jong seker nie ver nie!!! Maar ek is nou weer terug het nie geld gehad om my ADSL te betaal nie:lol: How are you? When are we going to have n braai agen, so that I can show you guys how to:1:Aangesien ons nie meer kan rugby speel nie.:(

Nice chatting to you again. Glad you Freestate guys started wearing shoes again....lol

Get your camera out and start taking pics

Ha, Ha shoes are for sussies!! Kom probeer liewers om saam met ons te
drink :1: HY weet. Dis leeu wereld hier, hier loop die Boerboelle twee, twee rond.:lol: I will came down there soon and we can have n nice kuier like last time.
O and this time I will not take sand but some corals YOU DIG :yeahdude:

Do or will Copperbands eat pods? if not what can I feed them?
Yes, copperbands will eat all your pods and little tubeworms. They generally will only take live food so you could start them off on live brine shrimp and hope that they will take frozen mysis or krill, if it does then you're ok, if not then it's at risk of slowly starving to death, they can be very finnicky eaters. It's best not to buy one unless it has been seen eating a variety of frozen foods.

Copperbands is a tricky fish. Wait for the gurus to get online (I see they all logged off, except for 2) to answer this

Back
Top Bottom