Base Rock

Reaction score
Hi

I Need some assistance i bought base rock and would like to get your opinion of if it was a good buy or not. so please give me it straight did i waste my money or not.

DSC_0066[1].jpg

DSC_0067[1].jpg

DSC_0068[1].jpg

Looks like nice pieces. Can built nice big caves with them

I paid R45 a KG for them, for total of 26kg, he didn't have more, how much would you say i need for a 300 liter tank ?

This will be my first attempt.

the rest is in the box, and its dry rock, still putting everything together. Tank is bone dry aswell. But yes 26kg is all i have for now.

Bud the amount of LR is relative to your filtration you will be running and the biological load you will be requiring from the tank. Generally in the beginning we all feed to much and we over stock on LS. SO.......... THE RATIO THAT WORKS BEST FOR ME IS 1KG PER 10L OF WATER.

awesome was thinking of getting 30kg +- so i then will start with this and then get try and find some more during the course of the next month. i bought whole system from someone but was not happy with the sump setup, so bought bigger one with new stand. :)

You can buy 5 or so kg of the best live rock you can get to seed the base rock. Add only after the tank is running with correct temp and salinity to prevent too much die off.

Back
Top Bottom