Urgent help needed Banggai cardinals not eating!

Reaction score
Need urgent help. Banggai cardinals are not eating.

Last edited:
I bought Marine Mix today @Dorry Pets.
Was looking for some mysis but did not see any.

Was feeding flakes as there are 2 clowns in the tank as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can be difficult to feed for some reason. Mine goes through stages. I just keep mixing the food i feed and they will eventually eat. I really cant say they love flakes, or pelletts or frozen. It seems they take better to clams if i do feed that.

They can be difficult to feed for some reason. Mine goes through stages. I just keep mixing the food i feed and they will eventually eat. I really cant say they love flakes, or pelletts or frozen. It seems they take better to clams if i do feed that.

Thanks Dexter. I will try this method.

Dale,

How long has it been since they last accepted food ?
Were they eating before you introduced the new clown in the tank ?

I would follow the advice given by the other members above, but just also observe whether the Banggai's appear nervous as a result of the new addition to your tank.

Dale,

How long has it been since they last accepted food ?
Were they eating before you introduced the new clown in the tank ?

I would follow the advice given by the other members above, but just also observe whether the Banggai's appear nervous as a result of the new addition to your tank.

It has been about 10 days since thay have eaten (flakes) the new members to the tank do not seem to bother them as thay are swimming around the tank as usual.

One of the Cardinals did not made it through the night. But the other Cardinal is now accepting some of the frozen food.

Sorry to hear of your loss....try and raise the one to see if its male or female. Then at a later stage you can try and find one of the opposite sex. If you can get them paired they breed like guppies

Back
Top Bottom