Banged up Banggai...

Discussion in 'Breeding fish' started by Broder, 20 Apr 2010.

1. Broder

Broder Mudshark

My Banggai cardinal got knocked up about 3 weeks ago. Junior doesn't look anything like me, but I'll let it slip this time. I've only seen one young in it's mouth. It must be about 4mm long already and fully developed. When will it be released to fend for itself? The adult(male if I'm not mistaken) is getting quite thin as it hasn't eaten anything that I can see since it started brooding. Is this a normal viability rate? Seems very low to me. Seems a pity that the kiddo will just get nailed when he takes his first steps(should that be strokes) into the big bad world.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Having very few young the first time is normal, if you have a suitable sump you could put kiddo in it or possibly in a breeding net. Get some artemia eggs and you can follow the instructions on the threads for decapsulating and feed it that plus try flake, fish eggs, cyclopeeze, etc.

4. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Good Luck hope you end up with a few more kido's!!!! holding thumbs:thumbup:

5. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hey Mudshark! How is it with the new bangai babies?

Recent Posts