Banana Wrasse anyone?

ghost_Nic

Reefer 350
Reaction score
I currently have a small Banana Wrasse in my refugium.
He is doing a great job at cleaning-out the critters that came with the macro algae :m106:

Unfortunately as much as I like this fish, it will destroy my DT and I don't want to keep him too long in the confines of my refugium.

So I will be looking at the following options come the last week of April:
  • Return to the LFS
  • Swop out for any of the following:
    • Small Yellow Tang
    • Bristletooth Tang
    • Lawnmower Blenny
    • Six Line Wrasse or any of the fairy wrasses
  • Give away to a good home
Banana Wrass.jpg

Personally i would advise you to keep it.. Very nice passive wrasse compared to others and its good at pest control so plays a good role in the tank.

Six line wrasse are known for being very aggressive with any new additions to the tank

Personally i would advise you to keep it.. Very nice passive wrasse compared to others and its good at pest control so plays a good role in the tank.

Six line wrasse are known for being very aggressive with any new additions to the tank
I would love to keep it, it is really a stunning fish.
But everything I read says its a killer and my snails, shrimp and crabs will be no more than a snack for him.
Only other fish in the DT are two very small clowns.

Any further advice is most welcome, I have two weeks to decide.
If it will fit in with my peaceful DT, i will definitely keep it.

PS: My tank is only 350 liters total so its not really big enough for the Banana

Last edited:
Easiest to identify them is to look at the top fin. The white belly i think has 3 or 4 black dots on the top fin.

Agree with @Dexter, have one just like that in my mixed DT and it’s peaceful and doesn’t eat my snails or crabs

Back
Top Bottom