Bamboo Shark

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by FransSny, 11 Apr 2009.

1. FransSny

FransSny

Hi guys ,

Just thought i will show my new addition. actually not that new...been aclimatising for about 3 weeks now. Currently being held in my 1,9 mtr DT with 2 lions. Will be upgrading my setup to +\- 2,5 mtr towards the end of the year but more about that later.

Ive done extensive research on them but if anybody has practical exp feel free to give input

PS please ignore the lovely aptasia in the pic....im still trying to beat jacques:lol:[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

Nice. Don't they get a bit big? Just out of curiosity

4. FransSny

FransSny Thread Starter

from most of the shark species...no, but still up to 1 mtr in captivity, thus the need for a bigger tank..or thats what im telling the missus:lol:

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

3 weeks that sounds like the Ballito trip time - did this beauty come from that trip - BTW how you keeping FransSny - Looks like you went to test your new flippers but got used to it very quickly by the looks of of things - 2 x lions plus this cool dude and the snowflake! What was I doing wrong?

6. FransSny

FransSny Thread Starter

Chicka ...i wish...actualy had to buy the bamboo, sorry i missed u man we had loads of fun snowflake is doing :slayer: did you get anything

7. chikaboo

chikaboo

Only 5 of these buggers which I still dont have an Id on[​IMG]
    some hermits and no turbo snails this - I came across 1 snowflake and a few butterflies but I think the same aliens that zapped the ones you saw were prowling around me - it was the worst week of fishing in my life - BTW I want to be catching specimens on the 27th - it is a public holiday - wanted to go to Umhlanga - you know a better place? maybe we can meet up - I see low tide is at 11 AM that day - unfortunately I will catch whatever and hit straight back for Newcastle with a long 4 hour drive - trying for some lions - I sadly lost mine two weeks ago:(

8. FransSny

FransSny Thread Starter

sorry to hear about the the lion chicka...real bummer, i lost a dwarf bout 2 months ago so i know the feeling:036:

sadly i wont be able to join you...after taking the family to badplaas im broke ! or maybe it was the new polario, phos reactor , lights etc etc.....:lol:

good luck for your trip

9. MatthewSF

MatthewSF

I'm interested in getting a broadband bamboo shark I've got a 2 by 0.7 by 0.7 how is yours working out for you

Recent Posts