Back in the game

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

To be honest, I have no idea what any of my parameters are at this stage except for temperature and Sg. The tank has been seriously neglected hence the loss in colour but an increase in growth due to the high phosphate levels which are based just on observation. I am currently not dosing anything in the system other than Kalk via my doser at 1200ml per day split over 24 hours and Vodka at 4ml's per day. Mag is dosed manually currently at roughly 1 liter of Randys two part recipe per month.
Im hoping to do a few water changes this week and have parameters tested.

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

To be honest, I have no idea what any of my parameters are at this stage except for temperature and Sg. The tank has been seriously neglected hence the loss in colour but an increase in growth due to the high phosphate levels which are based just on observation. I am currently not dosing anything in the system other than Kalk via my doser at 1200ml per day split over 24 hours and Vodka at 4ml's per day. Mag is dosed manually currently at roughly 1 liter of Randys two part recipe per month.
Im hoping to do a few water changes this week and have parameters tested.
Still hoping to score a few frags:)

Reaction score
Any update on this beautiful tank?

Reaction score
Watching with keen interest

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome back bro...

Reaction score
Hey @Makaeel! Awesome to see you back. When I was starting way back in 2011 I followed some of your alder builds. I am in Durban (amanzimtoti) too. Currently building up a rack of Acro frags now to fill my new scape. Once I upgrade my new system and have it running nicely I am keen to start searching for some nice frags. I really enjoyed your last build, and excited to see what you come up with this time!

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hey @Makaeel! Awesome to see you back. When I was starting way back in 2011 I followed some of your alder builds. I am in Durban (amanzimtoti) too. Currently building up a rack of Acro frags now to fill my new scape. Once I upgrade my new system and have it running nicely I am keen to start searching for some nice frags. I really enjoyed your last build, and excited to see what you come up with this time!
Hi Brentch

Thank you bud, great to be back and thank you for the kind words.
This time around it will be very simple following the same filtration as the last run.
Fortunately I kept all of my old stuff so start up was easy.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
6th and 7th of December pics

Attachments

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Some frags added .
In the last week I noticed some new growth on the green birds nest as well as green digitata.
Coralline , already growing on the base which I hate as it just feeds on my Mg, Ca, Alk .

Once I do a bit of a clean up, I’ll share some of the latest pics .

Attachments

Reaction score
Looking good...whats the size of your tank?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hi guys

A few pics. I can never get the true colours with LED.

Now to wait for the frags to grow out.
Looking for more table top acros for the edges.

Attachments

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Top Bottom