Back in the game

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Marcodv, 30 Jun 2013.

1. Marcodv

Marcodv

Ran a successful Tropiquarium 88 for about 6 years many years ago and always wanted to get a "real" DT with a sump. Now after 7 years away I have the chance to get back into this exciting hobby. Have been doing a lot of research and am amazed at how much things have progressed and the readily available info thanks to the web and forums like MASA.

I am wanting a reef tank with softies a few fish and a CUC. Not wanting to go the plug & play route again as I had temp problems with the 88 ( times when I had to disconnect the heater and float ice bags :eek:). Needing quotes for a 100x600x600 tank with internal overflow on the side (width,this will be up against the wall) on a 850 high stand with sump built in cabinet. I am wanting to place this tank in a space between my lounge and TV room hence the measurements to ensure optimal viewing. Also as quiet as possible. Initial equipment will be a skimmer, reactor with bio cubes or pellets, heater,return pump,wave pumps and wanting to go LED light route. Also keen to stock the Real Reef rock as LR.

Step one is to source the tank and stand(cabinet) and to continue research. I can finally retire my marine books and get all the latest info from the web and the experts that are now accessible out there.

So looking forward to starting this journey again.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bendor

Bendor

All the best with your new tank. I'll tag along for the ride. Keen to see a tank stocked with RRR from the start.

I've been very happy with the cubes and a GFO reactor, haven't used NP pellets so can't comment on them.

4. Seabass

Seabass

Welcome back, IMHO bio cubes is the way to go, much more simple than reactors. You might want to get your LEDs now as there is a couple of radions for sale at the moment on the forum at a great price.

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

6. the fish

the fish

7. ccwilke

ccwilke Majestic Pets Solutions Sponsor

Welcome home

8. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Tropiquarium 88!!! Wow haven't heard that name for many years...masahello

Last edited: 1 Jul 2013
  9. Marcodv

Marcodv Thread Starter

@MistaOrange, yes was the ultimate plug and play in those days, but wasn't really suitable for Marine. With a few modifications and a skimmer it worked quite well.
    I am finding it so interesting how equipment and methods have changed in a relatively short few years and am just reading, reading and reading while I get quotes for a new system.

Thanks all for the welcome. This forum is a wealth of info

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  10. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Just ask the questions & we'll answer....;)

Recent Posts