Back at it again

Reaction score
:wheelchair:So the addiction just can't stay away damb I love reef keeping.
:mbounce::m148:
Started a new little 600 cube. So lets go..........
The tank originally a powerlab system I got from a fellow reefer and friend with a few small tweaks to my preference like upgraded sump and overflow.
For hardware this time around I would like to try and keep the wattage down as tanks before I just didn't care about electricity well the loadshedding viva eskom..killkanga:hang:....... No further comments....

Rite.. Hardware consists of,
maxspec crossflow 130 for flow inside
Bubble magus uplift think it's 2000lph.
Ts1 skimmer.
Two little :swim:. Phosban reactor and kalk reactor.
Ozone generator(only to clear this yellow pigments from water) need to setup correctly.
300w heater
Lighting will be pharos 90w led.
Will be adding a small uv sterilizer.
So I was lucky when I got this tank a friend has decided to shutdown for the rest of the year :drool5: lucky me will be moving his water, sand and rock including his sump. Now don't get me wrong I am sad to see him shutdown but at the same time I am dancing in the rain :slayer: for the kind donation lol. So the move was a breeze water and all.. To date tank has been running for just over a week. Added some bacteria and did a water change to freshen things up. No live stock will be added up and until I am happy with the condition of the water, I must mention I did a few tank moves not only for myself but assisting fellow reefers and this dudes water and substrate was well looked after and I think he just added the substrate last year fresh..... Still working on the cabinet and need to hook up my atu and neaten up the sump. I am stoked to have my hands wet again love reefing and its a passion and love that dies hard. Will post as the system stables out.. Happy reefing. :thanks:

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
Any advice on the best way to use ozone will be greatly appreciated
Easiest way is to run it through the venturi of the skimmer. Just put some of those Odyssea activated carbon filter mats on top of skimmer cup to filter out the ozone from the air, as it can be bad for your lungs. What mg/h is it? Might have to turn it down quite a bit for that size tank, especially at start, as it might lift the ORP to levels that might kill livestock (more than 450) if there aren’t enough organics in water it can oxidize out.

Reaction score
Good morning. Sweet thanks will give it a go. I need to get the car one today what would be a safe range to set it on. The tank is about 250ltrs Inc sump.