Back Again after 20 years

Okay please help - need some advice on my sump . Removed 2nd pane to the right, now have a nice compartment for DSB. Should I remove 1st pane from left. This would allow a bigger first compartment , but would loose ability for sock. I think socks are painfull, so if I get very highly water flow in first compartment , will keep detritus from settling there.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A skimmer would pic up some detris but not all. If you don't go filter sock then you will have to live with detris. All it means is that you will need to vacuum now and then. Where will you place your skimmer?

The skimmer seems to be small for the size sump. What size system do you have and what is the skimmer rated for?

Simmer is rated for 250g. When the tank gets going again I will put back the curve 7. Total system size with sump is about 340l.

Will the Curve 7 skimmer fit into the same chamber the current skimmer is in?

Put in new aquascape, all my bleached live rock , crying , got my sand bed in, took out most of my substrate .

image.jpeg

As long as the MP40 do not create a vortex and pull air in, it is fine.
On what program are you running?

Lagoon I think ? Not sucking air from the top, but does stir up sand if set too high. Got it set at about 80%

On what program are you running?
RiaanP , What program do you recommend ?
Can I have too much current for softies like my elegance coral ?not planning on going sps yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running on long pulse. think 8 minutes a side. I got a MP40 in each corner. Front right and left back run together, while front left and right back idle, then they swap. This gives me a nice gyre effect, long smooth water movement past the corals.

Back
Top Bottom