Baby cleaner wrasse

Reaction score
Hey guys, cannot get to a comp right now, can anyone tell me or show me what a baby cleaner wrasse looks like? like i mean about a cm in the size. caught what looks to be one today, but instead of being blue and white its black and blue. black where it should be white. but it acts the same. anyway got any ideas
Posted via Mobile Device

If it isn't already in your tank, you should return it (if it is in your tank you shouldn't) they don't tend to survive well in tanks.

i have got a cleaner wrasse that i have had since the begginin of my tank and he is healthy, was unfortunately an impulse buy before i knew the details but he is healthy, pretty fat too which is good:thumbup: but back to the baby, i caught it and could not see it properly until i got home so until then i thought it was a blue and back neon thing i was hoping you guys could ID it, but when i could really see it closely it seemed like a cleaner, but if you guys say it should have the same colours it must not be, unfortunately what ever it is its in the DSB chamber right now, it buried itself after a few minutes though, so it kind of gave me some ideas as to what it could be. So what ideas have we got? its waaaaaaaaay to small for me to think of taking a photo with my phone cause its all i got and the camera we have is even worse. plus it doesnt sit still

Ok to go back on what we thought, to what i originally thought, it is infact a baby cleaner wrasse. Baby cleaner wrasses are black and blue. Met a guy at the rock pools who has grown them out and the little one i have is changing its colours a bit, i also got a very close look so i could see its face really closely. it is infact a cleaner wrasse:( oops. i hope it likes all the pods and things in the tank, because it attempts flakes but not so successfully, but he seems happy.

Scuba, from my experience with Cleaner wrasse. All the juvenile cleaner wrasse that i have caught locally have survived (Except for the one the one that was eaten by my Fungia). It is the imported specimens that dont do too well. Our local Cleaners are very hardy.
The Cleaner that is in my current system has been with me for over 2 years. That is proof that they will survive.

I have had great success with baby cleaner wrasse as for the neon goby we dont get them off the kzn cost what we get is a false cleaner wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom