Awesome Link - sumps & other Reefing DIY

Reaction score
I just stumbled on this site, I have been looking through the sumps and if there isn't a sump arrangement in here to suit your style, you are just being too fussy...

A DIY reefers dream :slayer: type of site - I have been looking at this stuff for about an hour already and not getting bored - I just had to share it. My personal favorite is the Top Down Box...

Top down boxes (for photography)
Fan Trays
Fan Brackets
Calcium Reactors
Nano Tanks
Propagation Tanks
Sumps of all shapes to include fuges, reactors and all the "lekker toys"

It is all in ft and inches and gallons but a simple converter and you know exactly what they re talking about if you can't easily calc in your head.

http://www.melevsreef.com/allmysumps.html

BTW: I agree - most of the "longer time members" have seen this site - a year or 2 ago, Melev's Reef site was mentioned and posted a lot. Since then - it seems that people have forgotten.....

BUT, absolutely awesome site - I agree fully!

It gives a good insight on working with alternates to glass and I personally really like the look. I enjoyed the read through his tank build but was somewhat concerned with the fact that he loaded fish and corals into his sytem without a cycling time - that confused me as to why is is so heavily emphasised here on MASA - his tank is a really good looking setup and there doesn't seem to much wrong there.

Maybe you understand what it is that he did so different which allowed success with basically no curing time. Other than the fact that he seems to be very well clued up on reef systems. If the paramters aren't right, they aren't right - no matter how experienced you may be, it is just the way it is. So I feel a little lost on that one

Peter - there are many "shortcuts" to setting up a marine tank - BUT, the problem is that these "shortcuts" inevitably leads to problems later on in the life of the marine tank.

The "experienced" members have learnt the hard way - and have gone through all of the possible pitfalls in setting up a marine tank. So what is "punted" here, is basically the way that sort of guarantees the highest percentage of success.....

Yes, one of the best sites I came accross when I started in September. Always go there to check things out.

Back
Top Bottom