Automatic turn on battery operated airpump during loadshedding.

Reaction score
Hi all,

With current ongoing loadshedding we experience, I would like to know what type of automatic turn on battery operated airpumps
do you use. It is not always possible to be at home to switch on an airpump, therefore any feedback will be appreciated.

I use the Sebo SB-3000. Works very well and is super quiet.

Just a follow up question on this subject. Is there a pump on the market that will, in addition to the above, also recharge the battery while there is no loadshedding taking place?

Why not invest in a ups or inverter that will run your return pump and wavemakers in case of a power failure?

Yes, that is an option I am considering.
You will never regret it. I invested in a 3000W inverter with batteries. And all my lights in my house, my security system and my tank(lights, heater, chiller, everything) runs off this in case of a power failure

Just a follow up question on this subject. Is there a pump on the market that will, in addition to the above, also recharge the battery while there is no loadshedding taking place?
The SOBO SB-3000/4000 mentioned above charges itself when plugged in and not operating.

Which one did you
You will never regret it. I invested in a 3000W inverter with batteries. And all my lights in my house, my security system and my tank(lights, heater, chiller, everything) runs off this in case of a power failure
Which one did you opt for, and how much did it cost?

Back
Top Bottom