Automatic Dosers

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Hammerhead, 20 Sep 2012.

1. Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Hi

Id like to know of good brands of auto dosers and u guys experinces with them,

How has you experience been with the brands, is it user freindly? What breaks first and how often, heard the tubing can corrode over time if you use the wrong tubes, dosing pumps pack up over time, are they easily replacable and available?

Profilux, Marine Majic and Vertex Libra or any other brands on the market, I know the libra is new so guys that have used other controlers and wanting to change their units maybe due to more funcions or ease of use.

Also which is better a thripple doser or quad, is a quad really necessary.

Just been through this thread below and it seems most guys like the Profilux.

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=24052&page=2

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

I love my profilux doser. I have the quad with build in controller. Currently only using 2 pumps. Been running it for about a year now and not a single issue to date. If it breaks I might try the cheap marine magic doser. So far they seem to do the job for a few reefers. They just don't like power failures.

Sent from my tent in the bush

4. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Thread Starter

Dont they come with baterry backup for the settings to stay in tact. (Sorry just reread, you meant the MM doesnt like power failures, im assuming the profilux has power backup for settings.

What would the Profilux set me back for the doser and controler unit if I may ask and which sponsors carry them.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2012
  5. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

The profilux quad pump with controller is in the R5800 range. The marine magic is around R1300 if you import it. Don't know if there is a local distributor.

Aquamedic also makes one but not sure on pricing. Cheaper than the profilux though.

Sent from my tent in the bush

6. Sammy

Sammy

Not a big problem with a power failure with the Marine Magic triple doser, in the event of a power failure you only loose your current time setting, but all your dosage settings are maintained.

The MM01 Master and Slave doser does come with the battery back-up and weekly dosage settings.

7. Hammerhead

If we compare the three currently on the market Libra, Profilux and Marine majic are we comparing apples with apples or apples n oranges. If the three basically does the same thing surely I could be budget wise, however dont want to end up being penny wise pound foolish.

8. Monti

Monti

Libra isnt available yet as far as Im aware?

Last edited: 21 Sep 2012
  9. Hammerhead

10. Toolboysa

Toolboysa Moderator

@Quintin also has nice ones he imported. Check his thread

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts