Automatic Air pump

Reaction score
I live in Cape Town. Can anyone tell me where i can buy an Air pumps that runs on ac power but switches automatically to battery power in the case of a power failure.???? Much appreciated.

lIghty - just to ask you something about those pumps we got - do they ACTUALLY run on power or do they actually run on batteries? I know - I can easily test it, but I have not?
Can you please confirm and find out for me? Many thanks. BTW: I might need a few more for you for my other tanks... Will let you know in due time.

hey there jacquesb. they definately only run on battery power. The cable on the pump is only to detect when there is no power so the pump can swich on under battery power.

BTW I saw a nice pump at Panorama pet shop yesterday that has a built in rechargable battery that does run as/dc. it charges the battery while running on electricity and just keeps on running on battery power when the electricity goes off. it has 2 settings and they say it can rub for betwen 6 snd 10 hours on battery power. I think it was about R350-00

Thanks, Bought one froms Sams today. But now i am stuck with a brand new gennie that cost me R 2300 ???? Pity i never knew about the air pump before i bought the Gennie.

dude that gennie is worth gold in this country

Thanks, Bought one froms Sams today. But now i am stuck with a brand new gennie that cost me R 2300 ???? Pity i never knew about the air pump before i bought the Gennie.

My gennnie saved me a lot. Was without elec for 14 hours about a month ago. Had no losses.

Commercially, yes... It seems that in this case l|ghty is just "getting them" for brentnorm?

Henk, I just asked him a favour seeing as I could find no stock of these battery airpumps down in Cape Town until the other day. I frequently support the sponsors of this site. I meant no malice.

I think at this time of need in this country the sponsors should be proactively be offering things like battery air pumps to make us aware of what is available. Just a thought.

For sure, if any of the sponsors sell battery air pumps, please advertise them.

l|ghty I think to be fair you should disclose where you get the airpumps from, and prices I guess.

Anything the sponsors sell that could make our lives easier in the times of no electricity. Perhaps they could even start a thread in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom