AUQA Gadget - Spin Stream Nozzles

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Forbes, 24 Mar 2014.

1. Forbes

Forbes

Hi All,
    I have decided to do a 'Tank Makeover' on a 5ft-6ft tank, depending on what I find is most suitable. It is just something I want to do for fun. The main criteria I want to try and incorporate, is no visible equipment in the tank. I have been looking on the net and seen the Spin Stream Nozzles which I am thinking of using on the return / circulating pumps. I have seen some posts on the forums, and they appear to work well, but I have not seen anything recently.
    My question is, is anyone using these nozzles, how well do they work over a period of time. I have seen that there are a couple of other products on the market, so I would appreciate feedback on them as well.
    If they work well, does anyone know who I can order them from in SA
    I anyone has any broken units that I could play around with I would appreciate it.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2014
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

@Submariner has just recently imported a lot of products from Innovative Marine, not sure if he's brought these particular ones in though, but he would be the best person to speak to if you wanted them brought in. Have a look in his sponsor forum, The Serious Reefer.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2015
  4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

5. Forbes

Forbes Thread Starter

Thanks, if I get some positive feedback to these queries I will contact them.

6. seank

seank

Also had a look at them. But will they be sufficient in the size tank you are planning??

7. Forbes

Forbes Thread Starter

I don't know, I am hoping someone in MASA can answer that for me.

8. Submariner

Submariner

Guys the spinstreams are rated for flow up to 2300 litres per hour

9. Forbes

Forbes Thread Starter

After having had neurosurgery a couple of weeks ago and being on the mend, I have decided that this is a good time to start planning the makeover that I want to do. The starting point is to ask if there are a couple of guys who have done tank builds, particularly with slim line filters who are prepared to share their knowledge with me to help me avoid basic design faults. I have had a look at the Idol Marine tanks, and I am happy with most of the design, but I am worried about the Bulkhead fittings.
    Any help and advice will be appreciated. Once I am clear on the concept, I will post the proposed design for comments.
    Regards,

Recent Posts