ATU DIY Wireing

CW

Reaction score
Hi PPL

Ok here is a drawing i made for wiring your own diy ATU unit.
Pleas be advised that the wireing on the relay depends on the type of relay with 1 or 2 way switching.

In this drawing i use a relay that hase 2 circuits but we only use the one.
But the rest of the wireing on the unit will stay the same.

If you decide to get fancy and add a switch to turn the complete ATU unit on or off the only brake the incoming 220v live wire (brown) then everything will be off.

Enjoy and pleas feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Oh ja an another realy inportant thing. Pleas remember to test your relay first to make sure when you power it with 6v wich of the two points on it will be doing the 220v switching.
And when you do that do not have ANY 220v POWER CONECTED AT THIS TIME!!!!!

Happy wireing ppl

I am using this as an atu, and it works like a dream, for the cost of doing it it's well
Worth it

I am using this as an atu, and it works like a dream, for the cost of doing it it's well
Worth it

Thanx @Dylant
Atleast this drawing looks alot better than the first one i made for you in the garage on the bakkies bonnet. haha

Post some pics of yours so the reefers can see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha well your drawing helped me and I suck at anything electronic.

Will post a pic this weekend

@CW are you using this circuit for your ATU?
How many times a day does the pump energize?

Not useing in currently cos i dont have a tank anymore. But i use to use it on all my setups i had yes.
The pump does not get energized. The relay gets energized then they relay switches on then it basicaly conects the brown wire and then the pump comes on until the float switch opens and the 6v turns off then the relay opens again

@CW lol I'm a electrical technician think I will know what the term'energize' mean :tt2:
No worries buddy.
What is the average starting rate per day on the circuit?
I know this will depend on evaporation and heat, just looking for an average.
Maybe somebody using this circuit can answer?

Last edited by a moderator:
@CW lol I'm a electrical technician think I will know what the term'energize' mean :tt2:
No worries buddy.
What is the average starting rate per day on the circuit?
I know this will depend on evaporation and heat, just looking for an average.
Maybe somebody using this circuit can answer?

Oh crap. heheh. sorry man. But i have to sound smart in some way. hehe
When i had my very first 300liter setup i started toping up with a 1kg butter bucket every day. DOnt know the ml on that. Prob about 1liter.

But i think i had MH on then with 8 x 120mm fans blowing over the water between the lights.:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom