Attaching zoos to a rock

Mekaeel

Reaction score
howzit guys.was wondering how long does it usually take zoos to attach to a rock?ive got a few.just placed them there and didnt really bother to check if they are attached.only after a couple of weeks tried moving them and found that they were attached.so roughly,how long do they take to attach?

pics??

I got a piece almost two weeks ago and there is already polyps that attached to the rock next to it.

For me it takes about 5 seconds.
…er that’s with super glue though.;)
I have some sequence pics I did a while ago of some zoos I fragged and glued if you what me to repost them?

can you use Super glue on zoo's to attach to rock or must you use that special putty which cost R195.00

I have seen people who do this but i would first see what our master's of chemicals sayLOL:)

Well, what would YOU say?

Cyanoacrylate adhesives AKA "superglue", routinely used medically/surgically to seal/attach.

Heck!!!
My face, sliced open during an incident where a ladder gave way and I crashed headlong INTO ROW OF MARINE TANKS.

In surgery, I insisted I HAD to make a few PHOTOSHOOTS that SAME WEEK!!

Was offered patch-up with "medical grade"...superglue!!!

Sufficeth to say- I made my appointed 'shoots, appeared in YOU/HuisGenoot and Cape Times/Argus those next 2weeks.

THAT lot of words, was just to demonstrate it's safety aspect, EXCEPT if you find yourself STUCK some ridiculous way...:lol:

I/many others regularly use superglue for coral fragment attachment, and this includes zoanthus/palythoa types.

Just use a dab or two, on dried tissue, attach with firm pressure to surface required ...and release...within 1min most will adhere.

If it doesn't TAKE, just redry, redo..

NO MESS NO FUSS!! :clover:

BTW YOUR skimmer/carbon will remove minor residual compounds from your glueing efforts....

Perfectly safe, acceptable in Reef Tank environments

HTH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom