Attaching Zoa polyps ?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Quick question : I have a colony of 4-5 Zoas which are all attached to one another.
They are on a very very small piece of rock (basically the size of a few aragonite grains)

How do I attach them safely to a rock ?
Can I use super glue gel / putty without damaging their bodies ?

yip, just remember to wear gloves they are highly toxic

eye, face and hand protection are a must when working with them, they can sometimes squirt... and also a good anti-bacterial soap to wash with afterwards, dont want hands to contaminate foods etc

Yeah , you're right Dallas.

I must be a bit more mindful when handling them.
Got them only into the tank quite late last night and used my hands to place them.

Obviously I did wash my hands after handling them , but this morning I had a nasty rash on my fingers. Fortunately nothing serious though.

at dischem u can get latex powder free gloves, like R30 for 50

:razz:super glue/gel works well for me

iv seen that you can buy them in packs of 4 (mini tubes)
because iv had crap when the glue dries and iv got to cut the tube all the time,
you eventually get to the point where your glue dries up and you are pissed off coz you need to sick your coral and the nearest store is 10km,but you need to get to bank first which is 20km away just to realize the ATM has no cash,so you swipe your card for R20at the store and now you even more pissed off coz you stuck in traffic and its only for a R50 frag which has now cost you almost R100 in total, so you remembered Junz saying buy them in packs of 4....which you didnt. only to post on the forums your frustration with super glue..... :):razz:

so the moral of my story is ...buy bulk

Last edited:
I hate super glue, always stick myself to things, with zoos a elastic band works perfectly fine and can be removed in a week.

Just dry the rock and the base of the coral before gluing and only use a few drops

eye, face and hand protection are a must when working with them, they can sometimes squirt... and also a good anti-bacterial soap to wash with afterwards, dont want hands to contaminate foods etc

you remind me of Ben Stiller in the movie, Along came Polly. Do you eat peanut from a bar Dallas?:lol:

yip, was doesnt kill you, only makes you feel cr4p in the morning

Ya, some polyps and corals are highly poisonous

They arent deadly though, they will just give you a bad case of hot/cold flashes + chest palpitations. It will kinda feel like a heart attack (from what i read) so just bare with it ;p. Ive always handled my Zoas barehanded (Guesse im teasing lady luck there) but never had any ill effects. :)

They arent deadly though, they will just give you a bad case of hot/cold flashes + chest palpitations. It will kinda feel like a heart attack (from what i read) so just bare with it ;p. Ive always handled my Zoas barehanded (Guesse im teasing lady luck there) but never had any ill effects. :)

i had 0 idea they were toxic! i've even fragged them numerous times without gloves!
bin luck i guess?

Back
Top Bottom