Ato and RO

Discussion in 'The Waterboy' started by Nsteyn, 2 Mar 2011.

1. Nsteyn

Nsteyn

Hi Marco.

I am finally looking at getting a RO unit, but ideally i would like the topup to work directly from the RO.
    I have however heard some horror stories about ato failing etc.

Do you guys have a "all in one" solution for this, or would you not go this route etc.

I have a 900l tank and do about 10% waterchanges per week, so that should also be accomodated.

What products, price etc ?

Tnx!

Niel

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

Speak to Marco, the Waterboy as he may have many solutions. I know you can hook up an electric solenoid to your ATO unitand outlet pipe of your RO unit, which will fill up your tank water when the level drops but there have been guys who have lost everything due to the solenoid failing and the water filling continuously. I think that you will wate a lot of water this way and I may be wrong but the RO unit will continue to produce waste water with the outlet water closed as the water has to go somewhere

4. Nsteyn

Nsteyn Thread Starter

Tony. Tnx.
    Yep was thinking the same thing, was hoping marco in his cleverness have the perfect solution. Will wait for his reply.

5. Tremayn

Tremayn

i heard the saga Auto Top up Unit has 2 float valves as a fail safe

6. Tony

Tony

You can attach another float switch upside down a centimetre or two above the first switch so it remains on and completes the circuit. If the solenoid fails the second float switch will lift with the rising water and switch the solenoid off as the circuit will then be broken. My only concern is if the solenoid gets stuck in the "open" position regardless of power

7. IMarine

IMarine

Hi guys i have installed many of Marco solenoid switch with no probs,what i do with my clients ones i service them once a month by socking in hot water and inspect them for any where and so far no problems, like we should do with all our pumps service them,not to get of the topic but i heard of a lot of reefers that have tunze 20000lt pumps that stop working and driver burning out,again if you service them once a month you will never have a problem as i am running lots of tunzes with no problem,so i will say dont fear fit the solenoid valve,just service

8. Nsteyn

Nsteyn Thread Starter

Bumb @The Waterboy - Marco

Last edited: 4 Mar 2011
  9. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

hello, sorry, missed this somehow:blush:

yeah the solinoid valves work well,
    we can also do it manually with a 4 way auto shut off switch, however in order to do this i would need to know your mains pressure in order to do this.

best we discuss over the phone as it we can sort it out much quicker that way
    082 879 3943

cool

Recent Posts