ATI Zeolith

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Dexter, 23 Sep 2016.

1. Dexter

Dexter

I've been looking to add ATI Zeolith stones to my tank but I am not 100% sure how it works

Anybody use it before? Can someone give me more detail? Ive been looking on the net but can't find much on the product?

Is it only absorbing Amonia wich in turn reduces no2 and no3?

Does one need to replace the product after a while?

Is it similar to matrix or not?

So many questions and I can't find answers.

Hopefully someone used it before or is using it.

Reason why I am looking at it is too reduce no3

Last edited: 23 Sep 2016
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 2una

2una

Also interested to see what anyone has to say
    I'm using the aquaforest version zeomix which they say you need to swap out every 4-6 weeks - i'm assuming that's for the ammonia absorption but i think if its left it works a little like matrix in that bacteria build up in it.
    I've built up to running 800g over the last 2 months,running it in 2 reactors,1 under carbon & 1 under some Gfo It also reduces pottasium which was one of my main reasons to start using it,i had/got high K & wanted to bring it down which it is doing - at some stage i'll need to start adding K.
    For No3 lowering i cant comment as i have something weird going on & have been fighting to get that back down for sometime.

I have a Stag that is supposed to be teal coloured that was green when i got it & its only been SLOWLY coming back to teal....since using the zeomix it seems to be turning faster.

Last edited: 23 Sep 2016
  4. Dexter

Dexter Thread Starter

Nobody used ATI Zeolith before??

5. 4age

4age

I'm using zeolites on my current system as per the zeovit programme..they have to be replaced routinely as they loose their efficiency. I would suggest that u run it in a zeovit reactor if u can get one.

I do find it helps keep nutrients down.if you carbon dosing u will need to reduce your dosing as you can easily strip your system of nutrients and kill corals

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Recent Posts