ATI Powercone 250i

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by durleo, 15 May 2011.

1. durleo

durleo

ATI teases new I series Powercone skimmer (Video)
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 700x895 and weights 153KB.[​IMG]ATI released the Powercone skimmer late last year. The skimmer used a grid wheel type impeller that was promised to deliver a new bubble experience most of us dream of. Fast forward about 6 months and a new version of the skimmer has just been teased on video. This new ā€œIā€ series adds several new features versus the original. The biggest new featuring is the Powercone I series will add a controllable pump that will help you regulate the flow of the skimmer. With the help of an included controller, the pump can produce anywhere from 150 to 3000 lph with a simple flick of the wrist. A new video that has been produced by ATI shows the controller housing to look like that of the Sunpower controllable T5 units we have seen in months past. With the addition of the controller the Powercone I series will be able to produce a soft start as well as completely turn off the controller senses a blockage. Another new feature is the integration of a digital air flow sensor. We are told that the digital sensor has little to no air resistance and allows you to monitor the performance of the skimmer. At this point in the game we have not seen the original ATI Powercone released to major retailers with some still taking pre orders for the device. If you are obsessed with control and like the foam factory that ATI promises you might want to wait for the new I series to land at your doorstep. The original powercone 250 is priced in the US at around $530 and you should expect to pay an additional premium for the controllable I series. Check out the newly released video below showcasing the I series controllable talents.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giQ1vuQyWrw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited: 15 May 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. durleo

durleo Thread Starter

What do you guys think of this skimmer - It is the first skimmer with a contollable pump and an airflow meter. It launches in May 2011 and I am tempted to order one.

4. toppdogg

toppdogg

5. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

they were having some issues with the original pumps and have now upgraded/fixed the issue.

Awesome looking pumps and skimmers, great quality.

I really think that the new range of reefocto skimmers with the bubble blaster pumps will provide the same performance at a reduced cost, But these skimmers are on a different level when it comes to their looks, build quality may be better but not really a factor to me.

I think that skimmer manufacters have reached the ceiling in regards to skimmer tech for the time being.

If you buying this for the brag factor or its a couple hundred more than a bubble blaster i say go for it

6. IMarine

IMarine

hi guys yes its landing soon and only the powercone 250 as price between the 2 is so little and if you look at the air its pulling you got to x it by 60 thats about 1850lts of air, its not bad for the size of skimmer and size of pump,getting in 30 power cones what sould hit the retailers soon

7. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

expected price please bra?

8. IMarine

IMarine

i think it will be cheaper than the bubble blaster 5000, and will out perform it at any given day as german power

9. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

I will then say to anyone looking for a big skimmer to grab this one.

As to outperforming it i really think that all the skimmers around the 250mm diameter, short in height, with bubble plate, pulling close to 2000Lph air will all be evenly matched as all have the same basic design:thumbup:

10. IMarine

IMarine

yes Ziyaad its a monster in a small package,compare to your bigger skimmers

11. Tremayn

Tremayn

@ziyaadb, how much of air does my skimmer pull? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  12. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

rate at 1800lph i would guess possible more as yours is a beats man

13. IMarine

IMarine

i have tested the air flo on the bb 5000 and only found my meter go up to 20 air pull now x 60= 1200 lts of air,going to clean my clients pump tom and re testn the air draw

14. Tremayn

Tremayn

My skimmer is pretty quiet now ziyaad :) .. Lol I use a pipe on the silencer and a plug on the other hole. Performance seems to be the same. I think that I have the silencer for the model with 2 x otp3000

Recent Posts