At last

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Fist of all let me intro myself :My name is Wesley and I live in Namibia in a small coastal town called Swakopmund wich is situated between the Namib desert and the Atlantic ocean.

I am so glad to have finally found this site and I am looking forward into recieving some great advice on certain aspects of marine aquaria.
Like I said in the beginning, I live in Namibia wich is a third world country and for most part still verry primative whwn it comes to marine aquariums.

The local fish stores around here are only in it for the money and nothing else. Not to sound egotysticle but sometimes I think I know more than the store owner, I mean they have just been open for three weeks now, and in this three weeks they have set up a 400 L marine aquarium wich only contains three small Mollies. Acording to them the tank is fully cycled, but when I asked them if they are sure that the Nitrogen cycle is complete they frowned and they had no idea what I was talking about, and to think that if I want something for my aquarium I have togo through them!!!!!!!!!

That is why I am so glad that I found this thread as now I can get some solid advice instead of a vauge idea!!! I will be posting more of my tank setup next time , and OH!BOY! have I got allot of questions. If there is some one that would like to email me to discuss anything, please do as I really enjoy reading fishy things and hearing other people's advice. Unfotunatly I dont always have internet aces wich limits me to chat everyday. My email is: gluglug@gmail .com

But untill next time.
bey

masahello
Welcome Wesley!!
Sorry to hear about your LFS! Where in Swakop do you live? I know swakop very well, been there more times than I can remember both for business & holidays... Post some details of your system and some pics as you'll be asked this all the way:)!
At least you're at the right place for advice, etc. Enjoy your stay!!!

hey wes:) welcome to MASA, you dead right its a great site:) and if that LFS seems stupid, dont stress, just educate them:)

I know Swakopmund well, many drunken evenings.....and if you fish please post on the fishing forum here, soem of the best surf angling I ever did was up and down that beautiful coast:)

Give us some idea on what you are looking at setting up, oh and we love pics:) as in LOVE pics (hell i sound worse than Rory now!) and its always great to see how you are getting on and easier for advice.

so get posting and let us know what you have planned or in tank:)

hey man, my girlfriend also lived in nam, in GOBABIS, and her "oom" lives in swakop(the lighthouse was his resturant, he gas the celler now)

BUT WELCOME TO MASA:thumbup:

welcometomasa

Welcome to MASA!Live in Walvis Bay and I Ship my Stuff straight form SA,so if you want to buy some stuff just give me a PM!
:thumbup:

Hey, welcome to MASA - now where are those pics??????????? :whistling: :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom