Ashraf's window into the reef

Thanks Warr - The only problem is that my existing tank now only has 5 x T8's running (between 10000 ond 20000 kelvin). My corals don't like this very much, so they all seem to be closing. They are going to have to deal with this reduced light levels for 4 weeks so I hope the damage isn't permanent.

On the upside the reduced light levels should help me get a control on my GHA problem in my existing (leaking tank).

I wonder if I should speed up the pace of shifting the corals into the new tank when its setup. Remember that it will be plumbed into my existing tank and sump ?

PS: the return plumbing for this is also already done:yeahdude:

I would say, that all the corals will e fine, they just won't be happy. Similar to being on the beach in Durban or Rainy, Cold London :) They should live.

just remember, you may need to light acclimatise them to the new tank over the first week of being introduce, or they may suffer light shock.

cape coral

Cape Coral care recommends one teaspoon for every 100l of water mixed into a glass of RO water. In addition on aquariums larger than 300l they suggest a maximum of 3 teaspoons per glass.

1392495930daad1fc.jpg
Hi bra the capecoral range is not bad but if you got a ph of 8,2-8,3 and a kh of 6-7 and you decide to buff again your kh, you gonna have a problem with ph,i have tried it and it does not work like said,i will rather opt for seachem ph buffer that you cannot over dose ph more 8.3-8.4 and opt for reef builder for kh and reef advantage calcium that contains magnesium and strontium

Wow that looks great... and big! Congrats on your new tank man!!! ;)

Hope it brings you lots of viewing pleasure :)

Stupid thing leaks

Started a fresh water fill up test and only got 10% of the way when I noticed a leak into the overflow chamber. Talk about "bursting ones bubble":(.

I guess I will need to contact the tank builders tommorrow to fix the problem. What do you guys think. Remove the entire overflow chamber side glass or just silicone the leak. I took a pic so you could see. THe chamber side panel is well siliconed up to about 10cm short of the base where some water is seeping through.

13924989e8c4ad4c9.jpg

you can seal it over with silicon. is the leak between the main area of the DT and the overflow or does water leak out of the tank? if its the first one i think you could

Thankfully is not a leak out of the tank, its just between the main area of the DT and the overflow chamber. Its also only a trickle about 10cm from the base. Then again I only filled the tank 10% of the way so not much pressure. I'm hesitant to remove the entire overflow chamber panel since its very well siliconed all the way from the leak to the top (i.e. 600mm of good joining)

Back
Top Bottom