Ashraf's Jacuzzi Reef

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I not so new to the hobby (+/- 10 yers) and ashamed to say that i've spent far too much of those years "murdering" some of gods greatest creations out of pure ignorance.

Over the past two, i've restarted with much more caution and now seem to be having great success. As for my setup.. I decided to build a special room about 1,5 m wide by 2m long (like a walk in closet) to house with tank and "engine room". The viewing side is next to a jacuzzi for those long lazy session when I lay in the jacuzzi and marvel at the wonders of nature.

OK so the tank.. Its 2m x 500 x 700 with a 180l sump. Skimmer, UV Light, Home built chiller, fluidized bed filter, Turning about 12000l per hour, Surge device dumping 30l every 4mins or so. 12 flourecent lamps of all types (you know what i mean).

I saw the "algea scrubber" thread and will probably try to do that over the holidays to control phosphates. Thats how I last my last setup - The algea "bastard" just got the better of me..

I will try to include some pics, hope it works. Looking for some advice on Ozonizer's and how to go about adding it to the system. Pros, Cons, How to connect everything etc..

I hope to make some friends here.

Cheers
Ashraf

PS: Live in Cape Town so I get my water from the two oceans aquarium.

Tried to post pics

Hi tried to post pics with the quick upload method. Did'nt seem to work. I will try another way.
139249313525c7786.jpg

Some more pics

Hi Thalion. The room does serve other purposes. Beleive itor not its also my server room where all the houses multimedia stuff is housed. hard to explain but I could show a pic or two of the other side of the wall to show what else it does. Not really marine though?.
Any way.. some more pics of live stock..

139249313924428c5.jpg

Welcome to Masa Amalick. This is way cool, I'll spend most my time soaking if I had this setup, well done man, looks great :thumbup:
Show some pics of the sump and all the other stuff that makes this baby tick ;)

Back
Top Bottom