Aquavitro FUEL

I have noticed a significant pH drop when using fuel. Ph sits at around 8.25 - 8.3. I dose it early evening and wake up at a pH of 7.85. I also maintain a high alkalinity so the Fuel does affect that to. But i must say polyp extension has been considerably enhanced....just get nervous with such high pH swings.

Maybe the fact that it is an ACID contributes to the lowerd pH. Just my opinion anyway.

Would like to understand the chemistry that happens in terms of the aminio acids combining with carbonates. Will do some research.

Cheers

Intresting,

How are frequently are you dosing?
In my cube (150L) i am dosing 1ml daily in the morning.
I have been dosing a week now and cant really notice anything

Intresting,

How are frequently are you dosing?
In my cube (150L) i am dosing 1ml daily in the morning.
I have been dosing a week now and cant really notice anything

have you tried dosing as per instructions??

Directions
Shake well before using. Use one inner capful (7 ml) for every 110 L (30 gallons*) twice a week or as required to maintain coral growth.

Note: The aquavitro cap offers multiple dosing solutions depending on the size of your system. Each inner cap thread is approximately 2 mL. The inner cap contains 7 mL, while the outer ring contains 28 mL (35 mL when both are filled to the level of the inner cap.) When filled to the top, the cap contains 49 mL.

I seriously dont think its a good thing to overdose with this stuff...

Last edited:
What i did was:

my tank if i was to dos 14ml per week(7ml times 2).

I devided 14 by 7 =2ml pd then to be conservative i halfed the dose. That is why i am only dosing 1 ml pd

We are now dosing 1 ml x 6 times a day on a profilux dose and the tank is 800 liters.

Hey I am reviving this thread, thinking of moving over to aqauvitro from RSM reef energy A and B as the RSM stuff is comparably more expensive. Does aquavitro need to be refrigerated as I will also run it through my profilux doser, and what about the skimmer, doesn't it need to be switched off when you dose?

Any other thoughts on aquavitro?

Yes Aquavitro needs to be refrigerated...

Im have been using it with bio pellets with excellent results...

Ok, obviously increased your nutrient load to quickly, or whacked your system out balance, should've carried on, I am sure the cyano would've taken care of itself.

Aquavitro needs to be refrigerated...
Is this said from personal experience? I couldnt seem to find where it says that on the bottle?

I use fuel at room temp and have had great results from using it, just wondering if the results would be any better if i had to refrigerate it? Does the refrigeration just pro long the life or increase the products efficiency?

Thanks,

Got a reply from them:

Tech Support support@seachem.com
8:17 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the email. It is not necessary to keep the fuel in the refrigerator. On all of our larger reef systems in the office, we dose the fuel on an automatic doser. You do not need to turn off your skimmer when dosing, as the fuel will be utilized very quickly by the corals.

I hope this helps!

Product Support

Last edited:
Photo attached shows Seachem recommend Fuel be kept refrigerated. I suppose it depends on the room temp whether or not it should be kept refrigerated.... just to make sure, I keep mine in the fridge....

image.jpg

I have e-mailed them directly, let's see what they say.
Thanks Carlos,

haha, to keep in the fridge or not to keep in the fridge. Producer says not neccessary, producer packaging says yes. haha :whistling:

Got a reply from them:

Tech Support support@seachem.com
8:17 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the email. It is not necessary to keep the fuel in the refrigerator. On all of our larger reef systems in the office, we dose the fuel on an automatic doser. You do not need to turn off your skimmer when dosing, as the fuel will be utilized very quickly by the corals.

I hope this helps!

Product Support

Thanks for this!
I dosed some two days ago and then forgot about putting it back in fridge because it blended in with the rest of my supplements :p
Needless to say, I was considering chucking it out because I was not too sure if the amino acids denatured after being left out :whistling:

Just for interest sake, I noticed that the Red Sea A&B as well as the Goniopowder also require refridgeration, I wonder if the same applies to these foods?

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not. One of the bottles I bought I forgot to refridgerate....I noticed the liquid turned from its bright yellow to a more darker colour and that characteristic smell of the Fuel also changed.......Maybe just a coincidence! Since then, I keep it in the fridge....

Back
Top Bottom