Aquascaping materials - glue, putty, acrylic rods & other

Reaction score
I have got a bunch of South Seas rock that I need to aquascape

What's the best method to use:

Pratley Normal putty - will soaking the rock get rid of contaminants?

Ecotech glue - don't knwo if this is good enough for aquascaping

Acrylic rod or maybe plastic coathanger - you reckon a plastic coat hanger will leak anything

Maizies plastics has acrylic rods. (They have about 20 different sized rods that i could see last week & rather well priced as well)

Plastic World in Selby also used to stock acrylic rods.

I drilled holes and used cable ties. Worked for a while until the cable ties broke so I do think acrylic rods/putty would be the better option. My one suggestion would be to make your rockscape in pieces - don't assemble it all as one piece that you cannot take apart if you need/want to move something around.

Last edited:
Thanks ordered acrylic rods. Good and quick service from Maizeys in Edenvale

Should I rather buy reef putty than pratleys?

Worried about chemicals in pratleys

Should I rather buy reef putty than pratleys?

They are all pretty much the same thing the only problem you might have is if you are adding the rock with the putty straight to the tank your skimmer will go berserk for 24 hours while it takes all the rubbish being released from the putty

you could also use aqua mend which can brought at pretty much and building supply shop

Will be doing this out of the tank, letting it dry and then soaking it all for +- 2 weeks before adding it to the tank

That should be fine right?

I would rather let it "Dry" in another tub in old tank water. No need to kill the critters inside the rock.

Back
Top Bottom