Aquascaping: How sturdy must the rockwork be?

Reaction score
Well I keep changing my aquascaping, really annoying wish my rocks were more like lego :p

Anyway, I think i've found a setup I like, Everything is nicely balanced and won't fall over (unless I tip it with my hand). Would this be cool?

Make sure you glue to together if there is a chance of falling and damaging the tank.

Use prattley putty

Matt hermits are a lot stronger than they look, if it sits nicely and bumbing a few times with your hand doesnt dislodge it you should be fine

I don't think it'd fall over... I'm just hesitant about glueing them together then not liking the layout! :blushing:

Big hermits can be rather strong and disruptive, however none of my rocks are glued together, they are simply placed on top of each other, I do as Kanga does, give the rocks a couple of good solid knocks, if it doesn't fall it should be fine.

I don't think it'd fall over... I'm just hesitant about glueing them together then not liking the layout! :blushing:

only glue when you require some weird shape or large caves where you know a huge rock is going to hit your tank if it fell.

Back
Top Bottom