You might want to hide this one from your significant other or accountant, but according to a story on SFGate.com, scuba diving and aquariums are listed as two of the more expensive hobbies to have. For most of us, we’ve seen firsthand how much it costs to get into and maintain interest in either hobby and in some cases both.
For some its the love of the aquarium that fuels the desire to get into scuba and for some its the other way around. But regardless of if we’re following our dreams of owning a decked out glass box, support systems, lights and rare and drool-worthy inhabitants or getting certified and flying to the nearest reef to take it all in under water, these are two of the most interesting and fun hobbies to be in.
We’ve also seen hobbyists branch out into other similar hobbies such as digital photography, raising orchids or other plants, fishing and others — we tend to take these to the extreme and tap out the most enjoyment we can possibly get from them.
Besides your aquarium, what are your other guilty pleasure hobbies?
Readers also viewed:
- New Poll: What are your hobby plan for 2016?
- Oceans – A new social networking app for Scuba Divers
- Friday Smorgasbord: Hobbyists save the wild reefs, bisexual fish and more
- Talking reef aquariums in schools in this fascinating TEDx video
- Forget SCUBA diving, get an Ego Compact Semi Submarine
- Happy 100th, Jacques-Yves Cousteau, father of SCUBA diving
- Hobby Multibox makes thawing frozen food easy
- From revolution to evolution: a look at two hobby trends and their impact