Aquarium Management Systems?

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by arab NA, 8 Apr 2009.

1. arab NA

arab NA

Want to buy a system but I am not sure which or where to get it?
    Need a system that can mesure,control,alert(sms or email)?
    :whistling:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

Speak to Lanzo

4. Tony

Tony

try Profilux or Aquatronica

5. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Profilux or IKS. I would not bother with the other one. Look in Reef Inmates thread for info on IKS.

6. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

i use profilux.....works like a charm.......

7. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

must say profilux seems to be the bomb from all my research i have been doing on it latley..

8. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Are Profilux, Aquatronica and IKS the only systems available?

9. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

There are plenty on the market, but those are the only ones imported into SA.

10. Pete

Pete

Profilux is the bomb

11. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Why would you not bother with the other one?

I would most definitely look at the other one "AQUATRONICA" . It is very similar to the Aqua Medic AT controller and the Aquatronica to my knowledge has the most installations in this country.

IMO the IKS is way off the mark and not worth considering. The product has been very poorly supported in the USA and EU due to the lack of support and functionality.

Go for the Aquatronica or the GHL profilux. They are the best available at the moment.

For a comparison of systems look here.
    Aquarium Controllers: Home

12. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

i would go for profilux...much more can be done and is constantly being upgraded...profilux 3 is coming soon(color display screen)...and all profilux 2 systems can be upgrade

13. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

What much more can be done by the profilux?

14. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

regarding iks- nemos

aquatronica and profilux is very close to each other but due to the constant upgrades on the profilux and new gadgets that can be added ill rather go for ghl

have a look at the profilux forum

15. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I have done that and found that the requests for new facilities for the profilux 3 can already be done by the Aquatronica. This is why i ask what the profilux can do so much more.
    The profilux and Aquatronica have so many new features/modules on the cards. Both will be awesome.
    What is the warranty on the Profilux? I believe the Aquatronica has a two year warranty.

16. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

It seems non of them are really supported here in SA, lucky we have the internet so we can go to overseas forums and get help online. My2c.

17. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Not entirely correct. That may be the case for the Profilux. But i do know that it's availability is improving. I am not sure of it's install base. Maybe Lanzo could enlighten us.

However if you have checked out the Aquatronica threads on the Reef Central and Ultimatereef webs you will know you have 3 very active South Africans with very creditable experience giving advice to those around the globe. All three of us give this advice freely and have been doing so for a long time. Of cause we will do just the same on this forum should any member require assistance.

It is a pity that more South African do not have controllers installed. Then we will not have to go on the other forums to help those in need. The biggest drawback i suppose is the pricing. Unfortunately it allows only for the well healed.

I am personally awaiting the Profilux 111 so that i can install one myself just to compare it to the 30+ Aquatronicas i look after and have installed.

18. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Like I said "we can go to overseas forums and get help online".

Yes the price is the main problem, But the silly thing is you often see guys with 3 or more single units and if you add the price of the units up is is usally around the price of one of the units.

19. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I am surprised that the maintenance/service industry has not cottoned on to the idea of installing these controllers and using them as a communications tool. The SMS features will send alerts and the Ethernet modules will send emails and provide the ability to connect to the system via the Internet. A very powerful tool.

20. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Think is goes back to the cost of the units, the SMS module alone is very pricey.

21. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Yeah, and i have opened one and the phone bit inside the SMS modules is made by Motor Roller. Standard in most cell phones.

Next time you are up my way and have a few hours to kill, look me up and i will arrange for you to see an Aquatronica system with all the bells and whistles. This guy has his system connected to his home automation system. He has LCD screens all round the house. So from his lounger he picks up a remote and by pressing a few buttons has his aquatronica realtime monitor displayed on his 50" LCD TV. He can then, without lifting his rear end perform an automatic water change, Set off his Peri feeding pumps etc etc...

Recent Posts