Aquarium Controller

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Are there really no other options for aquarium controllers than going out and buying a profilux for R20 000???

Anyone tried importing one?

Anyone here use another brand?

What would a good starter package include?

Thanks.

hey christiaan, it all depends on what you want it to do.. there are alot of Cheaper (R12k odd) units out there but they will not be on par with the more expensive brands..

hey! you forgot one more option :) DIY! lol

but yea they expensive. even if you make your own.. its still expensive. basically they expensive things to have. The profilux is amazing though and you can trust it with your tank.

take a look at this site too http://www.aquariumcontrollers.com/ a site just for comparing controllers :)

I wound honestly say that the ProfiLux is well worth the money and as it is modular you can build it up slowly. Never thought it would be all that, but now I have one, I don't know how I ran a tank without it. Save up and get one you will not be sorry. (I have not tried anything else, and would not even try now)

I can buy a full blown toshiba laptop with 3gig ram and all the bells and wistles for R3777 today, surley the technology and construction required to build a controller doesnt even begin to compare to a modern laptop, now I know that toshiba produces millions of laptops but I feel that the retail contrllors are a ripoff, I hate making someone else rich hehe . . .

search google or RC for andruino, i am building with one of these

I wound honestly say that the ProfiLux is well worth the money and as it is modular you can build it up slowly. Never thought it would be all that, but now I have one, I don't know how I ran a tank without it. Save up and get one you will not be sorry. (I have not tried anything else, and would not even try now)

Ross

How much did you pay for your and what can it do? If you dont wanna share that info please could you pm me?

Christiaan,

You can buy the basic Profilux for R4K, plus a plug bar for R2K. R6K to start up with, then as you have funds available, you can add Profilux modules. These things are very modular and very easily upgradeable.

The Aquatronica is also available in SA. We have about 30 tanks that we look after installed with them. Also modular, starting at about 8k up to about 40k for very large systems.

I also am looking for a cheap tank computer!

I have already started I get a digital thermometer cost me R80 & it's works really well now all I need is to find a way to get it to send me SMS's

Depending on what you wanting it to do, there are other option, Like I'm using a GSM commander, which is a type of programmable controller that can also send and recieve SMS to do and alert you of certain thing. I also run a DIY controller.

What I am going to do is get all the cheap stuff plug it into my tank & then have a web cam take a pic every 30 min & mms it to me LOL

Make me one!!!

my andruino cost me less the 2k, and does what i need, ph, orp, temp, water chnages and sms

my andruino cost me less the 2k, and does what i need, ph, orp, temp, water chnages and sms

That sounds interesting, Dallas. You got more informations about it?

yip, there are plenty if threads on RC, in the DIY forum, sticky thread

Back
Top Bottom