Aquarium advice

Reaction score
A 3 feet long aquarium with 18 inch high. Used glasses 6mm ...what places are bracing required

Last edited:

RiaanP

Reaction score
Where are you from using imperial measurements?

Tank does sound rather high with thin glass. Bracing would be a good idea.

First, Do you want euro bracing, Cannot really advice on that as you did not say how wide the tank is. If only 12 inch wide, or 30 cm for me, using 3 inch bracing would leave a gap of only 6 inches. Normally 4 inch bracing is used but then you got 4 inch gap. Nobody would be happy with just 4 inches.

If your tank is 18 inch wide as well, using 4 inch bracing would leave you with 10 inch gap. 10 inches is a lot better than 4 inches.

What light do you have? A center single unit? If yes, then a center brace is not ideal either, But then you can get away with a thinner brace at the front and the back. Giving you a bigger gap to be able to work on the tank.

Where is your overflow? Center back and you do not want it to be under the center brace? Corner, than euro bracing might also limit access into overflow to get that naughty fish out that jumped over.

A bit more info would help to give a better answer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well i am not planning for using an overflow rather good waterflow and some bio media.. And although it 18 inch high with 2 braces placed in the middle equal gap... The water would only fill upto 16 inches....

Reaction score
And thanks alot for ur super informative advice im kinda new to this hobby.... What fish can i get...?? Any advice

Reaction score
Well i am not planning for using an overflow rather good waterflow and some bio media.. And although it 18 inch high with 2 braces placed in the middle equal gap... The water would only fill upto 16 inches....
Th wideness is only 12 inches

RiaanP

Reaction score
Before you go ahead, put masking tape across the tank, using the width you want for the bracing and see if you can do tank maintenance with two braces in place. With tank on the stand.