Aquarists Permit for water collection?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm making an application to uShaka marine world in durban to collect filtered seawater.
Part of the application is to supply a Home Aquarists Permit number!?

First I've heard of this. I've checked with the post office, and the only permits they sell are for the collection of marine fish, invertibrates or plants.

I can undersatnd having a permit if you collecting fish etc from the sea, but to get water?

Does anyone know anything about this or does anyone already collect from uShaka who could help with some clarity on this?

Thanks!

Very strange, at 2 Oceans in CPT it took me 5min to get my membership to collect water.

Maybe they try and force you to get the permit for collecting fish.

Before the current permit system, you used to have to have a permit in Natal for marine fish, might be a spin-off from the old days....

Before the current permit system, you used to have to have a permit in Natal for marine fish, might be a spin-off from the old days....

Probably. It might just be easier for me to phone them and ask.
Just didn't wanna make a fool of myself :blush:

Is it not perhaps your membership no to Ushaka? ie you need to quote that when you make a seperate application / request for water

How does one go about making an application, who do we go see or can the forms be downloaded, what are the times you can collect as I was told its only during weekdays 8-5

How does one go about making an application, who do we go see or can the forms be downloaded, what are the times you can collect as I was told its only during weekdays 8-5
Hi Hammerhead, you have to phone UShaka, you can only collect water after 5pm, you do have to pay if you want to collect on a regular basis. Thing is the rules change all the time, best to phone and chat to someone there, it was easy in the ORI days.......Cheers Anita

Back
Top Bottom