Aquaria 102 Newbie

Reaction score
Hi all

I am like many others a complete noob to this but have decided that with time to come I am going to have a Marine Tank as my showstopper at home. For now I decided that today I am off to Aquaria-SA to get me started with the Aquaria 102. I know it's a nano but It is bigger than most I see out there and here in Durban parts will be easier for me to get a hold of should something go wrong. I have done a lot of research over the last 2 weeks and so today will be the big day. i am sure with the help of you fine generous people, i can handle such a task as my ultimate dream for a showstopper will be around 2 meters in length.

Please note i will have so many questions to come, all i ask for you kind people is have a bit patience with me.

:peroni: To many great reefing days ahead all.

welcome to Masa if u need any help i am in durban pm me bud will gladly assist good luck

Hey guys

Thanks for the great welcome. Well started my tank up now. So first off rinsed sand off a couple of times and placed that together with LR inside. Fueled it with water given to me from aquaria. Tank got so cloudy from filling of water (guess I did not clean sand like I thought I did). Any case I am sure that will settle. However I noticed that the water is fizzy when entering this skimmer. Is this normal. Also notice a few strands of junk floating around. Is there anything I need to do?

Hey all, just wanted to find out where in Durban I can get all the much needed test kits as well as a refractometer. I want to get a good quality kit 1 time and also, please advise which tests I need for now and also going forward.

Last edited:
@Aquaria-SA maybe. Don't know how far you are from them. Phone and ask if they have stock.
Definitely get an atc refractometer.
I use Salifert and Seachem testkits. But RedSea is also good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome :)
I assume you mean the water inside the skimmer is full of tiny bubbles? If so then yes, that is what they do.

No the fizzy water is in the corner inside the tank entering the skimmer

What sand did you use?

Aquaria provided with the tank. I think its Aquaria Cal-Site White

Gosh, There is so much needed to care for the little creatures. But I guess its all worth it. On that note, like I stated before, tank all done, however, I have only LR in my tank, and just a sand bed in the refugium. Should I add a rock to that as well, tank is only running for 24 hours thus far

Back
Top Bottom